- Permanent Part time role available min 40hrs/FN in Rockhampton
- Make a positive difference to our customers' lives every day!
- Encouraged ongoing professional development and diverse career opportunities
Who is Endeavour Foundation?
Endeavour Foundation is one of Australia’s largest employers of people living with disability, so being inclusive and diverse is not just an aspiration, it is who we are! Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is at the heart of everything we do and getting it right goes hand in hand with living our organisational values and our purpose of making possibilities a reality.
What can Endeavour Foundation offer you?
- Salary Packaging Benefits! Package up to $15,900 of your annual salary tax free. Less tax = more take home pay for you!
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses (meals, holiday accommodation etc.)
- An Employee Assistance Program - a free and confidential counselling service available to all staff and their family members
- Discounts on Corporate Private Health Insurance Plans, whitegoods and appliances and
- Paid Parental Leave
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Free flu vaccinations
What can I expect in a typical day working as a Support Worker at Endeavour Foundation?
We support people in their homes and into the community, providing them with the opportunity to live their best lives and to fulfill their goals and dreams! We’re here to help people flourish according to their own interests and priorities.
In this role you will provide support within our Community Service portfolio, supporting people with disabilities to continue to learn and achieve their goals in our Learning and Lifestyle Centre. Further you will be charged with:
- Supporting our customers' to meet their individual learning and lifestyle goals
- Supporting customers' into the community for daily activities
- Providing in home support including personal care and support where required
What will you bring to the role?
- You are a true people person who is passionate, patient, empathetic and resilient
- You are dedicated to empowering people with disabilities to live their best lives
- Flexibility to work weekdays, and possibly some weekends and potential sleepovers
- The capacity to meet the physical requirements as some manual handling tasks may be involved
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Commitment to privacy and confidentiality
- Good computer skills and experience using Word, Excel and Outlook
- A Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) would be great but it's not a "must"
- Experience with complex behaviours would also be highly regarded
How can you join Endeavour Foundation?
Please note, before commencing with Endeavour Foundation, you will be required to undertake a “Fit2Work” National Criminal History Check, hold or be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check (Blue Card), NDIS Worker Screening Check/Yellow Card and a First Aid and CPR certificate
If this is the opportunity for you, click ‘Apply’ below. We look forward to hearing from you!
"We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer, and we commit to respond to every applicant"
Endeavour Foundation encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures. This includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, CALD (Culturally and Linguistically Diverse), the LGBTQI+ community, and people with disability. We value inclusivity and are committed to adjusting our recruitment process to ensure accessibility and support of an applicant's needs.