Magenta Community Services is a NDIS success story that started in 2013 with the mission of providing truly person-centred and flexible support services for people with disabilities. At Magenta, we take pride in being different from run-of-the-mill NDIS providers;
- Our unique service delivery model builds participant choice and control into our ways of working.
- Our team works alongside people of all ages, providing Disability Support and Aged Care Services. We support nearly 500 people each year across the New England, Northern Rivers, Central and Southern Queensland regions.
Do you want to be a part of a values lead organisation?
Would you like to make a genuine difference each day?
Do you live in or around the Gladstone Region?
If you said yes to any of the above, then we would love to hear from you!
We are currently looking for positive, adaptable, and energetic Support Workers. People who enjoy challenging but rewarding work, to join our growing team in Gladstone!!
About the Role:
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Provide opportunities for choice and control and participation in matters relating to the home as well as facilitating access to community services and facilities;
- Provide support as required for all household management and activities of daily living based on Participants individual needs;
- Facilitate community inclusion and participation to establish and maintain relationship and interests through access to community activities, venues, and services;
- Promote and perform positive routines/duties/activities in a cooperative respectful and flexible manner, which are meaningful and purposeful to the participant;
- All aspects of personal care including medication assistance, hygiene needs, manual handling;
- Some shifts may include wake overs/sleepovers.
Our ideal candidates will have:
- A genuine desire and commitment to working with people with disabilities, including mental health;
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of our participant on a minute-to minute basis;
- Ability to problem-solve and de-escalate a crisis;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively within your team (verbal and written);
- Have plenty of availability and flexibility of work hours, including the willingness to complete wake overs/sleepovers;
- Willingness to undertake specialised training and continuous improvement activities;
- Experience in providing personal care.
Essential Requirements include:
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
- COVID-19 Vaccine as per NSW Health directive
- National Police Check (issued within the last 12 months)
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Current Australian Driver’s License
- Own vehicle with comprehensive car insurance
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/trainingcourse
What you'll get:
- You will join a team of dedicated, likeminded people who pride themselves in making a difference
- Great training and professional development opportunities
- Competitive hourly rates (we pay above the award wage!)
- Grow or kick start your career with us
Closes: Monday 27 February 2023
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel that you meet the above criteria, we would love to hear from you!
We invite you to apply directly through Seek, by providing your Resume and Cover Letter outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.