Build a deeper capability
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
Thiess is looking for an experienced Supervisor OCE who will provide effective production and safety leadership to the project production crew at Lake Vermont. In this role you will ensure that production targets are met, a safe and healthy workplace for all employees is maintained and community and environmental compliance is adhered to.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Champion for all safety management plans & procedures
- Effectively communicate with other departments
- Leadership and development of crew
- Ensure production targets are met
- Conduct toolbox talks and shift prestart talks
- Conduct statutory inspections of an open cut operation
Roster and Location
- Monday to Friday - 9 day fortnight roster
- The Lake Vermont Project is situated outside of Dysart, in Central Queensland. This project is one of Thiess’ largest and longest running projects.
You are a high achieving and focused Supervisor OCE with previous experience in a similar role. You are committed to driving a high performing and inclusive team.
- Current QLD OCE Certificate of Competency
- Experience in leading a high performance team
- Commitment to HSEC
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fluid/dynamic environment
- Ability to work in an adaptive team
- Experience with computer-based data and management tools (e.g. Infomine)
What Thiess can do for you
- Thiess’ commitment to ongoing training & development
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary continuance insurance
- Salary sacrifice options – Flights & novated leasing
- OCE Allowance, competitive salary and benefits
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
- Referral bonus program – earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com [link removed]
Driving a diverse, inclusive and respectful culture
We’re committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here [link removed]. No other requests will be acknowledged.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.