- Fulltime Opportunity
- Immediate Start Available
PFD Food Services is Australia’s family operated food service network. We’re 100% Australian owned, with 70 strategically located distribution centres around Australia. We deliver an extensive range of fresh meat and seafood together frozen products, drygoods, paper products and cleaning solutions to the food service industry.
Since 1943, we have been distributor of choice for cafés, restaurants, pubs, clubs, schools and any foodservice business that demands a wide range of products delivered with outstanding customer service. We’ve always believed in ourselves and our people, we know it takes every task, from every person in our business to help make our customers business a success. In 2021 PFD formed a partnership with another proud Australian company, Woolworths Group.
The purpose of this role is to maintain all stock in the warehouse and pick orders using safe manual handling procedures in an effective and timely manner.
- Working in a varied temperature controlled environment
- Undertake all duties in a safe, responsible and courteous manner
- Plan, pick and cross check orders
- Employ correct stock rotation principles at all times based on 'first in first out' rule
- Ensure warehouse is neat, clean and in a 'ready to pick' state at all times
- Ensure any stock returned by drivers is put back into appropriate bin locations or put in appropriate damaged or low code locations
- Understand and adhere to HACCP regulations
- Assist in all site stock takes
- Load/unload containers and delivery vehicles as required
Key Competencies, Skills and Qualifications
- Previous forklift experience and have a valid forklift license
- Must have freezer and cold storage experience
- Experience picking orders preferably in the food service industry
- Understand OH&S and food safety program (HACCP) and in particular the "cold chain" process
- Good communication skills
- A sound understanding of stock control
- Possess a high level of accuracy with attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Flexible and adaptable
What PFD is Offering the Successful Candidate
We are offering competitive remuneration, superannuation and other staff benefits (such as discounts on staff purchases, discounted accommodation, health insurance and banking). Should you be eligible, the company may also offer nationally recognised Certificate III training.
Please submit your application (cover letter and resume) via the apply now link below
As part of our recruitment process, do you agree to undertake employment checks? These checks may include a medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol test), National Police History Check, Working With Children/Vulnerable Groups Check, Licence Validation/Demerit Point Check.
Please note: We do not accept unsolicited CV's from Recruitment agencies / third parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CV's sent directly to Line Managers.
PFD Food Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer