- Fulltime Opportunity
- Immediate Start Available!
PFD Food Services began life in 1943 amid the noise and chaos of the Melbourne Fish Markets. Expanding rapidly to meet the demand of an ever growing customer base, we are Australia’s largest family operated Foodservice company with over 800 company owned trucks and customer service focused drivers making daily deliveries.
With an extensive range of fresh meat and seafood together frozen products, drygoods, paper products and cleaning solutions for the Foodservice Industry, PFD has proven their unwavering commitment to their customers and are considered a source of innovation, a provider of insight, a solver of problems. In 2021 PFD formed a partnership with another proud Australian company, Woolworths Group.
The purpose of this role is to maintain all stock in the warehouse and pick orders using safe manual handling procedures in an effective and timely manner.
- Working in a varied temperature controlled environment
- Undertake all duties in a safe, responsible and courteous manner
- Plan, pick and cross check orders
- Employ correct stock rotation principles at all times based on 'first in first out' rule
- Ensure warehouse is neat, clean and in a 'ready to pick' state at all times
- Ensure any stock returned by drivers is put back into appropriate bin locations or put in appropriate damaged or low code locations
- Understand and adhere to HACCP regulations
- Assist in all site stock takes
- Load/unload containers and delivery vehicles as required
Key Competencies, Skills and Qualifications
- Previous forklift experience and have a valid forklift license
- Must have freezer and cold storage experience
- Experience picking orders preferably in the food service industry
- Understand company OH&S and food safety program (HACCP) and in particular the "cold chain" process
- Customer focused
- Good communication skills
- A sound understanding of stock control
- Possess a high level of accuracy with attention to detail
- Good time and organisational skills
- Able to work in an active and fast paced environment
- Flexible and adaptable
- Have a basic understanding of the end to end distribution process
What PFD is Offering the Successful Candidate
We are offering competitive remuneration, superannuation and other staff benefits (such as discounts on staff purchases, discounted accommodation, health insurance and banking). Should you be eligible, the company may also offer nationally recognised Certificate III training.
Please submit your application (cover letter and resume) via the apply now link below
As part of our recruitment process, do you agree to undertake employment checks? These checks may include a medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol test), National Police History Check, Working With Children/Vulnerable Groups Check, Licence Validation/Demerit Point Check.
Please note: We do not accept unsolicited CV's from Recruitment agencies / third parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CV's sent directly to Line Managers.
PFD Food Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer