Brighter Futures Start here
As Australia's biggest and most loved retailer, we've been brightening up everyday life for families for over 50 years. At our stores, distribution centres, and offices in Australia and New Zealand. All around the globe. Our diverse and inclusive 47,000 strong team come together for a common cause. Giving families easy access to our on-trend products and incredibly low prices - it's the heart of everything we do.
As a leader in the retail market, we're optimistic about our future and yours. We're relentless in our pursuit for results, but changing at a rapid rate, giving you challenging work that you'll be proud of. We celebrate your uniqueness and individuality. Because at Kmart it's not just what you do, it's who you are that makes every day living brighter.
Join the team
Store managers in our Kmart stores live and breathe the Kmart values and are responsible for ensuring there is a positive store culture where customer experience and safety culture remains our priority. You will manage the financial performance of the store and succession plan effectively to promote future leaders.
Extra's on top!
Relocation allowance included for this location.
Day trips or weekends away to Great Kepple Island, Yeppobn as well as swimming in crystal blue water.
What you'll be doing
As a Store Manager in a Kmart store you will:
- Manage the financial performance of the store
- Build, coach and inspire your team
- Ensure plans and strategies are effectively deployed to increase sales
- Implement strategies to reduce shrinkage and expenses
- Provide clear direction to the management team
- Enhance the overall customer experience for your community.
To be successful in this role you'll have:
- Prior experience as Store Manager in a high-volume retail environment
- Experience coaching and leading large and diverse team, Implementing business and individual development strategies
- Values that reflect a high level of commitment to ‘safety', always thinking ‘customer' and a belief in constantly motivating your team to ‘reach higher' every day.
- The ability to foster strong relationships with team members, peers, customers, leaders, and business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in budget and financial management, including wage control.
Benefits we'll offer you:
- Great work life balance - our managers work 1 in 3 weekends
- A dynamic learning and support program
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working through our Flex Where, Flex When, Flex Well policy
- A discount card for Kmart, Target, Officeworks and Bunnings, plus other benefits
- An inclusive, fun recognition program
- A bonus program (where eligible)
- Development opportunities across Kmart Group (comprised of Kmart, Target and Catch) as well as the broader Wesfarmers Group.
- Wesfarmers Share Plan access (where eligible)
We're here to make everyday living brighter
From humble beginnings in Burwood East, Victoria, in 1969, we're now an essential part of 300 communities, and proud of it! From bedding to apparel to kitchenware and beyond. We're designing and creating the products people reach for every day. In-store, online, or Click & Collect - getting the products we love into the hands of happy customers is what we aim to do best. From the remote outback to coastal towns and big cities, and everywhere in-between. We're progressive in our pursuit to create seamless customer journeys for satisfied shoppers.
A place you can belong
At Kmart, we celebrate the rich diversity of the communities in which we operate and are committed to creating inclusive and safe environments where all our team members can contribute and succeed. We believe that all team members should feel valued, respected and safe irrespective of your gender, ethnicity, indigeneity, religious beliefs, education, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation and gender identity and we encourage applications from all candidates.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to be their best, when applying for a role or working at Kmart. We encourage you to tell us about any workplace adjustments that you would like, by emailing email@example.com [link removed]
If you would like to explore a career with Kmart and this sounds like the perfect role for you - apply now!
Phone screening and interviews will occur prior to the closing date of this advertisement. Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies. As part of our recruitment process, we will be conducting Pre-Employment Checks with our successful candidates - this will include a police check. Talent Acquisition will provide further updates to candidates as they progress through our recruitment process.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.