Looking for a Speech Pathology role with flexible working hours that suit you?
Wanting a caseload where you can continue to develop your Speech Pathology skills across all areas of practice and age groups, including paediatric feeding and complex communication needs?
Or have you been working in the same area for a while now and want a challenge and try out some other areas of Speech Pathology? Or are you wanting to become a master in a particular practice area and want to be supported to do this? It's all possible with us!
Join a supportive and fun team environment in an established private practice.
Whether you’re a new graduate looking for gradual caseload growth to build clinical excellence, or an experienced clinician looking for an opportunity to achieve your career goals, SpeechEase Speech Therapy can help get you there no matter how big or small!
We are passionate about high-quality, evidence-based early intervention and easily accessible healthcare. One of our big goals is to bring Speech Pathology waitlists across the Mackay region to a wait time of fewer than 3 months, so people in need can get the quality help they need when it matters most. So, we are looking for amazing Speech Pathologists to join our incredible Mackay team to help us achieve our goal and better serve the Mackay community.
Part-Time and Full-Time options are available.
10 Perks We Offer:
- Excellent wages ranging from $77000 to $131500 per year (plus super), depending on years of experience and roles undertaken.
- Flexible working hours to give you the ultimate work-life balance - be paid to do your administration work wherever and whenever you want! This means you can spend the afternoons with your children, soak in the morning sun or book those life appointments without having to take leave.
- A sustainable caseload (gradual increase to 23-25 hours a week depending on experience) that won’t leave you feeling burnt out and with never-ending growth and earning potential with our reward structure – you’ll get to spend most of your week doing what you love, helping people! This means your days will be full of passion, growth, support, and fun!
- A $5000 Professional Development Package and 5 days of PD Leave per year that you can use flexibly to achieve your professional growth goals, and access to Informed SLP to ensure you are always providing a high-quality evidence-based service to your clients. Our team members are always attending training such as Hanen, SOS, PROMPT, Sounds-Write and so much more!
- Individual clinical supervision with an experienced supervisor to suit your experience level, caseload, and goals.
- Weekly team ‘Develop & Grow’ professional development sessions – hear from dietitians, occupational therapists, paediatricians, psychologists, and more, to support you to provide high-quality transdisciplinary support.
- Individualised Career Pathways to support you to achieve your personal and professional goals. If you can dream it, we can build it! Some of the different pathways our team are currently undertaking include:
- High Income Earner – there is no limit on what you can earn with us!
- Clinical Educator – give back to the profession and support the growth and learning of the next generation of speech pathologists by completing placements for a variety of universities.
- Clinical Mentor – put your leadership skills to work by providing clinical supervision to speech pathologists internal and external to our team.
- Clinical Lead – be a part of creating something amazing for our clients and communities by contributing to the development and refinement of policies, procedures and service provision with no red tape!
- Specialisation – embrace clinical excellence and take your skills to the next level in an area of speech pathology that you love and adore.
- Your own laptop and iPad for access to all the best apps and subscriptions as well as access to an abundant amount of online and physical resources to make delivering assessment and therapy as easy as possible. We have so many resources, we're running out places to store it all!
- A super fun, dynamic and supportive team of people, both locally and across QLD, cheering you on to be the best you can be. We have regular Culture Awards, Team Days and an annual all expenses paid Team Retreat to keep those bonds as strong as ever – last year we headed to Daydream Island and the team rated it 6.2 out of 7 for connection and 6.4 out of 7 for fun!!
- Relocation assistance for people moving to the Mackay region - $2000 bonus + an additional week of leave per year for 2 years!
SpeechEase Team Member Review:
“SpeechEase has a really supportive environment where you can openly share ideas and thoughts without fear of judgement or criticism. Always nice to know someone will have a door open when you need to grab them for a question, no matter big or small.” - Kelsey, SpeechEase Mackay
Skills, Experience, and Values:
You are the best person for the SpeechEase team if you are dynamic, innovative, flexible, enthusiastic, supportive, person-centered, evidence-based, willing to learn and love to grow, always going above and beyond, and able to have fun!
You will have the ability to work independently and within a supportive team to assist children and adults with communication and swallowing needs.
You will also:
- Have a Bachelor of Speech Pathology (or equivalent/higher)
- Be registered as a member of Speech Pathology Australia
- Be able to pass an NDIS Worker Screening Check and have a Blue Card
- Possess a C class driver’s licence for home and community-based sessions as required.
If this sounds like you, know that you’ll be joining a thoughtful, purpose-driven, and values-based company committed to doing its absolute best for its clients, team, and community, as well as a team of people who will wholeheartedly support you to be the best Speech Pathologist, and person, you can be to achieve all your personal and professional goals.
SpeechEase Team Member Review:
“I think what I love most is that I look forward to coming to work each day! Whether I am excited because I have clients to see and work with, or I am just excited to come in and work with the team.” - Zia, SpeechEase Townsville
If you have any questions about this role or want to express your interest in other roles with our team, please email Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply:
Hit ‘Apply Now’ and attach your resume and cover letter outlining why you want to join SpeechEase and how you are the right fit for our team.