At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Specialist Site Systems to join Team Saraji. This is an exciting and challenging role where you will support the management, improvement and governance of our Safety and Health Management System and associated Training and Information Systems. Reporting to the Superintendent Site Systems, you will be responsible for providing technical support to the systems that govern work practices and risk control processes.
In addition to this you will be required to facilitate risk assessments, lead and participate in audits and assist key stakeholders to improve risk management and safety onsite.
As part of this position, you will interact with various corporate groups such as Asset Systems, Risk, Safety, Technology and Training to plan for and facilitate any required activities across the site. Additionally, you will assist the wider site team in delivering measurable outcomes as part of a continuous improvement process, bridge any identified gaps, facilitate change and embed new systems.
In this role you will:
- Provide technical support and governance of our Safety and Health Management System, Risk Management, Training and Compliance framework.
- Coordinate reviews of our core document framework, carry out risk assessments and support change management processes.
- Develop strong working relationships and support site leaders to ensure in-field adherence to new and existing safety systems.
- Identify and lead initiatives to ensure legal compliance with the QLD Coal Mining Safety and Health legislation.
- Lead and participate internal and external audits.
As a successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent in Safety, Risk, Law or similar preferred
- Experience working at a Queensland coalmine in a similar role would be highly regarded, with a strong working knowledge of the QLD Coal Mining Safety Legislation is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of statutory operational requirements and change management highly regarded
- Experience maintaining and improving risk and safety management systems highly regarded
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence health, safety and training outcomes.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory bodies, governance and risk management through risk assessments/execution and embedding change.
- Strong computer skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to organise and manage competing demands and priorities.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills
- Show initiative and work with minimal direction, being resourceful and proactive in your approach
You will be a collaborative and innovative individual who executes continuous improvement initiatives and conversations. You will be personable, proactive and professional with people at all levels of an organisation.
In this full-time permanent position, you will be based at on site at Saraji Mine, this role is a Monday to Friday roster, however, flexible work arrangements can be further discussed for the right candidate. Camp accommodation and meals are provided with the role being offered as DIDO/BIBO from Mackay or residential from Dysart.
BMA's Saraji Mine is situated approximately 230km southwest of Mackay and 30km from the township of Dysart. Its open cut operation has an annual production capacity of approximately 10 million tonnes.
Reference Number - 57076
To find out more about working with BMA team and to meet some of our team, Click here
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- You may be requested to complete a video assessment as part of the initial recruitment process. Video assessment is only applied to external applicant.
- Application closes on Sunday, 14th Aug 2022. While Virtual Assessment closes on Tuesday, 16th Aug 2022 (not applicable for Internal BHP applicants). Please note late applications will not be accepted.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP's Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.