We are currently seeking an experienced Specialist Placement Worker to join our Intensive Foster and Kinship Care program.
This is a rewarding and challenging role where you will have a significant opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of children, young people, carers and families.
The purpose of this role is to provide intensive support and case management to Foster carers and the children and young people in their care who have a diagnosed disability or complex trauma and behaviour needs. In addition to this the primary functions are to assist with the delivery of quality care training for carer applicants, assist with intake/referrals and matching of children to carer households.
What you'll need
- Experience in Child protection and delivering Foster and Kinship Care services to children and families.
- Experience working with children and young people with diagnosed disabilities who receive NDIS funding as well as children with complex trauma and behavioural and medical needs.
- Experience in assessment writing
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field (e.g. Social Work, Psychology or Social Science)
- Current drivers licence.
- A current Blue Card or willingness to make an application for one
- Must also be willing to undergo a personal history checks under the provision of the Child Protection Act 1999 in relation to Licensing of Care Services
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training is desirable
Please Note: To ensure the health and safety of our people, and the clients, residents, patients and people we serve at UnitingCare Queensland, all staff are required to comply with statutory and Government requirements, such as public health directions, and UnitingCare's vaccination policy requirements, with respect to COVID-19 vaccinations. The successful applicant must be able to meet UnitingCare's mandate of receiving all recommended doses of approved Covid-19 vaccines (including boosters) approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration and the provision of Covid-19 Certificate before commencing employment.
Supporting you to support others
Family and Disability Services is a respected industry leader and one of Queensland’s largest community service providers, with a wide range of services that provide support to vulnerable individuals, families and communities in metropolitan, regional and remote locations across the State. We’re proudly not-for-profit and offer you:
- Access to salary packaging & meal and entertainment benefits
- Flexible work arrangements to support work-life balance
- Employee assistance, health & wellness programs
- Values-based culture & rewards and recognition
- Ongoing learning & development
Ready to work together?
Our application process takes less than 15 minutes – Click the ‘APPLY’ button below to be taken to our online application process and upload your resume and cover letter.
Our team are available to answer any questions you may have. We’ll do our best to get back to you 2 weeks from the closing date.
Our approach is simple –everybody is welcome here. At UnitingCare, diversity is at the core of our who we are, our mission and our values. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees no matter their gender, race, culture, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
We know that when our people feel respected and valued, we empower them to share that within the communities we serve and to provide the very best care. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.