This is an exciting time to join DVConnect as we expand our service in delivering the 1800RESPECT program across the country!
- Permanent contracts starting now
- Flexibility including remote working opportunities
- $85,000 - $90,000 pa (full time) + shift penalties + super + salary packaging
- Paid training commencing Monday 13 June
We are recruiting for a number of Specialist Counsellor positions across Queensland. Our partner organisations Save the Children and Marninwarntikura Women's Resource Centre are also recruiting for Specialist Counsellors in Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney, Perth and Darwin (and surrounding areas).
1800RESPECT is Australia's national 24/7 service offering free, high-quality, inclusive, accessible, and responsive expert support through confidential information, resources, and counselling for those impacted by domestic, family, and sexual violence. DVConnect will work collaboratively with Telstra Health and our partners Save the Children and Marninwarntikura Women's Resource Centre to deliver the 1800RESPECT service on behalf of the Australian Government.
About the Role
The Specialist Counsellor works as part of the national 1800RESPECT telephone counselling service 24/7 providing highly specialised trauma counselling services to those whose lives have been impacted by domestic and family, sexual assault, and/or workplace sexual harassment.
In this role you will:-
- Provide single session specialist therapeutic counselling support, psycho education, referrals, and support for callers with complex needs
- Provide short term on-going support for clients identified with more complex needs
- Establish caller safety, build rapport and identify best pathways for support
What we're looking for
- A tertiary degree (of minimum 3 years duration) in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, or relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years specialist counselling experience including support for people impacted by DFV and SA (telephone counselling advantageous).
- Eligible for professional membership of of a relevant governing body
- Due to the specialist nature of the work and services we provide, it is a genuine requirement of this position that it be filled by a woman as permitted in sections 25, 104 and 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991.
- Solid IT skills to work across phone and on-line chat platforms.
- High level of resilience and self-care practices in place to support working in an environment that can be challenging and demanding at times.
- Commitment to a 24/7 service and willingness to work a variety of shifts across teams and flexibility to assist with backfilling at times.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory background checks, including a National Police Check, Working with Children Check, referee checks, proof of eligibility to work in Australia and evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations.
Why join DVConnect
- Above Award conditions including paid parental leave; additional leave provisions; improved penalty rates and more generous long service leave provisions
- Family friendly workplace
- Flexible work practices including remote working options
- EAP support and Professional Supervision provided
- Competitive salary and benefits including generous salary packaging, meal and entertainment card and discount programs available
- Opportunity for ongoing professional development
Interested? Apply online today!
If this sounds like the role for you then click on the apply button now!
To apply please ensure that you:
- Submit your resume and cover letter
- Complete all application questions
- Your resume should outline your work history and details of relevant qualifications
- Your cover letter should detail why you are interested in the role and how your skills and experience would be a good fit
If you would like more information about the position, please email email@example.com or phone Danielle (People & Culture BP) on 0432 765 802. We reserve the right to consider applications prior to close off period and encourage all applicants to not delay in applying. Applications will be assessed and shortlisted as they are received so don't delay in applying!
DVConnect is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive culture of opportunity. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, workers of all ages, people with disabilities and people who identify as LGBTIQ.