To apply for this position, please email your CV and cover letter, directly to Elissia Cleofe on firstname.lastname@example.org for us to get in contact with you quicker.
About the business
We are a well-respected law firm located in Rockhampton, Queensland. We are dedicated to providing our clients the highest standard of legal representation. Our team of legal professionals are committed to upholding our values of integrity, respect, and excellence in all aspects of our work. We offer a supportive and collaborative work environment, with opportunities for professional growth and development.
Task and Responsibilities
- Tailor high-quality, cost-effective, and technical legal advice by having complete autonomy over your client's files and documentation
- Build legal working relationships with team members, clients, and external stakeholders
- Assist with client decision-making
- Communicate with all parties involved in a case, including clients and witnesses
- Represent clients who have been accused of committing criminal offences
- Assist clients with a range of family law matters including divorce, child custody, and financial settlements
- Interview clients to gather information about their case and provide legal advice
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of criminal law, and family law, and procedure, as well as any changes or developments in relevant legislations or case law
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor of Law or equivalent
- Current Australian Legal Practitioner Practising Certificate
- 3 to 5 years private law firm experience in criminal law and family law
- Demonstrated experience in criminal law
- Demonstrated experience in family law
- Knowledge of LEAP Software
- Demonstrated keen attention to detail and analytical interpretation when creating legal documents
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with all matters
- We believe in rewarding our lawyers for their hard work and dedication. That's why we offer bonuses for bringing in new clients and meeting key performance indicators. We understand that lawyers who go above and beyond to bring in new clients and meet KPIs are essential to the firm.
- Our lawyers will be incentivised for each new matter created and finalised.
Apply now and we are more than willing to talk numbers with the right candidate with the right experience.
Our ideal candidate
We are seeking an experienced Criminal and Family Lawyer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for handling a diverse range of legal matters, including both legal aid and private criminal law cases. This position requires an individual with exceptional advocacy skills and a proven track record of handling summary trials, pleas, and indictable matters from start to finish.
If you are an experienced Criminal and Family Lawyer seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity, we encourage you to apply today.
To apply for the role, email your your CV and cover letter directly to Elissia Cleofe on email@example.com