Calleo Resourcing is seeking a Software Maintenance Officer to maintain
in service software and identify software related maintenance requirements for a large Government Agency in Canberra.
Working in collaboration with the Software Asset Controller, who will facilitate the procurement of software and manage the contractual obligations in relation to software. The Software Maintenance Officer will maintain the in service software, including the distribution of licenses and manage quantities and images which the software is installed using the support system. This includes managing configurations and releases which are derived from the Engineering Management System (EMS) through Modification Orders.
The Software Maintenance Officer is to support the Senior Maintenance Manager to ensure configuration control is established and maintained for departmental products through the support system. The mission is to enable cyber units to be able to conduct exercises and operations through effective and robust sustainment and maintenance principles.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Ensures software maintenance is carried out in accordance with Maintenance Management System (MMS).
- Supporting the Senior Maintenance Manager and assisting the Software Asset Controller to maintain system images and software packages delivered through the EMS process.
- Uses tools to back up software configurations and information holdings. Schedules maintenance activities and maintains records in the approved support system IAW Maintenance Management System.
- Assist the Maintenance Controller and ILS team in ensuring accuracy of the Maintenance Control Records and TAMIT.
- Responsible for Software configuration maintenance including patching for the following system equipment types:
- Dell Servers
- HP Workstations
- Dell and Extreme Networks switching devices
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers and verifies IOS firmware configurations in 43xx and 44xx models
- Fortinet firewalls and verifies configurations in FortiOS firmware for FG-500E series models; and
- Other delivered products as required.
- Understand and implement system Statement of Applicability (SoA) technical controls into the Maintenance Management System and inform maintenance activities.
- Is responsible for own workplace conduct, including dress, attendance, time keeping, productivity, behavior and administration.
The successful candidate will be available to work for the contract period and must be a current Australian Citizen with a current AGSVA Negative Vetting 2 Security Clearance.
If you would like additional information on this role, please email Megan Megan.Hudson@calleo.com.au
Follow Calleo on LinkedIn and visit our website to keep up to date on all our current job vacancies: