Experience more opportunities
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
As our next Site Administrator reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager, you will provide comprehensive and professional administration support to the Finance and Administration and site team. We are seeking an individual with demonstrated experience as a Site Administrator supporting a mining operation.
Key aspects of this position will see you:
- Processing fortnightly employee payroll
- Managing labour hire time sheets, hour reconciliations, invoices, payments & ensure information is timely and accurate.
- Managing accommodation bookings for all employees and facilitating other travel arrangements including bussing and flight queries.
- Creating requisitions and maintaining accounts payable workflow.
- Preparing monthly accruals and assisting with adhoc end of month tasks within required deadlines.
- Collaborating with key suppliers in relation to any procurement queries.
- Facilitating site team queries, purchase orders, expense claims and any ad hoc requests.
This position is ideally suited to someone who has worked in the mining or an allied industry and has the following skills:
- Strong administration experience with exposure to mining environment being highly regarded
- High level of proficiency with MS Office
- Knowledge of JDE or equivalent business procurement system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong work ethic with a positive can-do attitude
Roster and Location
- 9 day fortnight roster
- Full camp facilities or local housing allowance provided
- The Peak Downs Project is situated outside of Moranbah, in Central Queensland. Thiess has recently secured a 5 year contract extension.
What Thiess can do for you
- Thiess’ commitment to ongoing training & development
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary continuance insurance
- Salary sacrifice options – Flights & novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program – earn $5k for a successful referral
At Thiess, we partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, and the Americas. For more than 85 years, we have operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments, and cultures. Our team uses global insight to optimise solutions and create value
for each project, positioning them for optimal efficiency, productivity, and cost performance, backed by how we meet our commitments. Thiess is committed to being at the forefront of sustainable mining, leveraging the power of our people and technology to support clients in their journey to more sustainable enterprises.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com [link removed]
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity because of disability or special needs, please contact us @ email@example.com.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.