- Global leader of commercial & industrial explosives and fertilisers
- Shotfirers required across various sites in the Bowen Basin – Permanent Positions
- Even time working roster 7:7 & camp accommodation OR Housing Provided to live locally in Blackwater or Emerald
- Shotfirers Bonus System – paid monthly
- Salary package approximately $163K
Dyno Nobel, a wholly owned subsidiary of Incitec Pivot Limited, is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers predominately within the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose Dyno Nobel.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced Shotfirers to join the team across our sites in the Bowen Basin on a permanent basis. With a Shotfirer’s Bonus System in place, you have the potential to earn total package of approximately $162,810 + nightshift (site dependant) + housing if you choose to relocate and live locally.
The successful candidate will demonstrate operational experience as Shotfirer and a sound background in a mining environment. The successful candidates will have the flexibility to work across two sites and be willing to do the occasional night shift (additional allowance paid on nightshift). Other requirements include:
- Minimum proven experience 2+ years Shotfiring
- Qld Shotfirer Licence – (essential)
- Current Queensland Security Card Clearance - (essential)
- Standard 11 (desirable)
- High Risk Forklift Licence (desirable)
- Demonstrated compliance with safety, and a good knowledge and understanding of safety systems
- Excellent communication skills, supportive team member with a positive attitude
- Flexibility and ability to prioritise blasting schedules and operational duties
- Good computer literacy, and aptitude to learn and use site specific software
'Candidates may be required to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status depending on government and customer requirements (role/location dependent).'
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing organisation where you can have an impact on the change and future vision.
If you are prepared to relocate yourself to the Blackwater region, housing may be provided to live locally or in Emerald.
We also have a Shotfirer’s Bonus System in place, apply now to find out more information about how Dyno Nobel can help you with your next career move.
Feel free to mention this opportunity through your networks to likeminded people who have the above skills/experience.
Benefits to you:
- Housing may be provided to live in the local region
- Shotfirer’s Bonus System
- We are a team based on trust, collaboration, and respect
- Outstanding training and career development opportunities
- An above market attractive salary package is offered
- Annual Salary Increases
- Confidential employee assistance program (Counselling sessions for you and your family annually if required)
- Mental Health and Well-being program
- Discounted Apple / Microsoft / Dell computer products
- Travel / Car Hire Discounts
- Access to discounted Corporate Health Fund
A little more about us
At the heart of Incitec Pivot and Dyno Nobel’s culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
The culture of safety is paramount, and you will play an integral part in promoting Health Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures to ensure Zero Harm at all times. You will also be familiar with modern safety practices as well as have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
We support diversity in the workplace; women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Dyno Nobel and Incitec Pivot Limited is a proud member of the Diversity Council of Australia and Male Champions of Change and holds a State Chair position on the National Association of Women in Operations.