Monson Agencies is Australia's largest privately-owned Ship Agency Company with its head office and centralised customer support hub based in Fremantle, Western Australia. Recently, Monson partnered with Five V Capital as their strategic partner to drive and support the next phase of growth and expansion for domestic and international initiatives.
Monson has been built on the solid foundation of providing outstanding service to its customers. We currently employ over 105 staff in 18 offices within reach of all Australian ports and have offices located in Singapore and China.
There is currently a position available at our Gladstone Office for a Shipping Operations/Boarding Officer
Full on-the-job training will be provided to the right candidates looking to join Monson and our growing ports.
This position will report to the Branch Manager and/or National Operations Manager and main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Attending to bulk vessels in ports of Gladstone, Bundaberg and Port Alma including (but not limited to) coal, grain, concentrates, sugar, salt and ammonia.
- Control and reporting of vessel movements within the Port of Gladstone, Port of Bundaberg and Port Alma Shipping Terminal
- Ensuring customs, AQIS and Port of Gladstone, Port of Bundaberg and Port Alma Shipping Terminal requirements are met.
- Data entry and maintenance of vessel files, including inputting, updating, and maintaining relevant information in our internal databases
- Liaison with overseas and local principles on a daily basis
- Attending to general customer enquiries
- Provide relief for other offices or locations upon request
This is not a typical 8.30 am to 5.00 pm role and therefore some weekend and out-of-hours work will be required which is customary for the industry.
Previous experience as a boarding officer or experience in the shipping industry is desirable.
The successful applicant must:
- Hold a current driver's license;
- Have 2 - 3 years experience in the shipping industry or similar;
- Currently hold, or be eligible to obtain a Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC);
- Be able to demonstrate sound computer knowledge, with prior experience in an office-based environment preferred;
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Be well presented;
- Be able to pass a drug and alcohol test, including pre-employment medical exam;
- Have a desire to join a growing company.
- Be COVID-19 Vaccinated and able to follow relevant associated protocol
Monson Agencies Australia takes pride in maintaining a work-life balance and offers ongoing training and development to staff. Our Company also provides Employee Wellness and opportunities for community involvement through our Community and Compassion Initiative.
If you possess the requisite skills and experience and have a desire to join a growing and high achieving company, please submit your application, including a cover letter via Seek to:
Human Resources Coordinator
All applicants are encouraged to find further information about our Company at www.monson.com.au or social media accounts @monsonagenciesaustralia
*NO RECRUITERS PLEASE*