- Even time roster
- Competitive salary + Job Security + Annual Salary Reviews
- Permanent Full-time Position
About the role
‘There’s a lot happening at Mackay Sugar, and we need great people to help us get it done’
Mackay Sugar is looking to bolster their on-site production team at Farleigh Mill. With increased factory outputs, improved cane supply and an increased capital and maintenance budget, we need hands-on, strong leaders to help us get this work done, whilst driving targets in relation to safety culture, environment, resources, factory maintenance and reliability.
There has never been a better time to join one of the largest regional employers, Mackay Sugar, a company that acts local, and works in partnership with its community.
Skills and Experience
Reporting to the site Production Superintendent, you will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business long term.
As a minimum, you will hold and / or maintain the following:
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a Production and / or Manufacturing environment
- Industrial process operational experience, Trade qualifications or Tertiary qualifications in Engineering and Science advantageous but not mandatory
- Ability to work in a team, develop team members and identify improvement opportunities
- Ability to communicate clearly with attention to detail
- Previous experience within the Sugar Industry is advantageous however not mandatory
- Problem solving, proactive and energetic approach
- Provide leadership to Mackay Sugar Production and Maintenance team members ensuring safe productivity
- Ability to provide clear directions and demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks in line with business plan
- Managing production and maintenance priorities, ensuring the team remains safety focussed whilst operating the factory
- Ability to work with, support, coach, and develop your employees
- Ensure that all activities are carried out to the highest standard in compliance to all relevant site environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
- Establish effective working relationships with all other personnel around the Mill to achieve high factory reliability and production targets
- Focus on continuous improvement
Mackay Sugar Benefits
- Home Every Night / Permanent, Full-Time Employment
- 5 Weeks of Annual Leave
- Combination of Shift Work on a Lifestyle Roster during Crushing season and Day Work with RDO's for the remainder
- Training and Development opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set
- SWEET Deals across 500+ businesses
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Short Term Housing Available for new residents
About Mackay Sugar
Located in tropical North Queensland where a unique lifestyle can be blended with a progressive business, Mackay is home to Australia’s second largest sugar milling company, Mackay Sugar. With more than 140 years’ experience in raw sugar production and employing up to 800 people seasonally, Mackay Sugar is an iconic Australian brand that contributes significantly to our economy and community.
A member of the Nordzucker Group, Mackay Sugar is undergoing an exciting period of change and growth. Nordzucker is one of the leading sugar manufacturers in Europe and brings a network of global ideas, innovation and opportunities to Mackay Sugar.