BUMA Australia has been awarded a new contract with BHP Billiton and Mitsubishi Alliance (“BMA”). The contract will see BUMA continue to provide services at Goonyella through to 2027 (3+2 extension).
As we grow, BUMA is on the look out for amazing people to join our team!
Established in 2021 with the acquisition of Downer’s Open Cut Mining Business, BUMA Australia is growing! We currently operate 5 sites across Queensland with strong plans for expansion.
Everything we do is underpinned by our vision – to be a leading mining service provider contributing to future energy solutions and is supported by our core values of safety, integrity, innovation, collaboration and people.
Located in the Bowen Basin of Central Queensland, BMA’s Goonyella Mine is one of Queensland’s largest coal mines. It is situated approximately 30 kilometres from the town of Moranbah.
BUMA Australia provide labour, supervision, technical support and mobile plant to perform truck and excavator pre-strip operations.
As BUMA Australia grows, we are seeking full time Serviceperson to join our maintenance team. As a Serviceperson you will carry out serving on a range of mine equipment and vehicles with duties including refuelling, servicing and other general maintenance activities. A strong commitment to safety and promotion of safety culture is essential.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role within the mining / civil industry
- HR drivers licence
- RIISAM212D - Service mine plant and equipment
- RIIVEH307 - Operate Heavy Rigid Vehicle VOC (highly desirable)
- RIIVEH306 - Operate a Mine Service Vehicle VOC (highly desirable)
- Current Standard 11 (or willingness to obtain).
Working at BUMA
BUMA Australia is a people focused business, with a strong focus on safety, training, development and continuous improvement. As a BUMA employee at Goonyella you will have access to;
- 7/7 Roster, working hours are 12hr 20mins for the first 6 shifts and 10hrs on the 7th shift to assist employees in traveling home within fatigue hours.
- Annualised weekly pay
- Camp accommodation (5 minutes from site)
- Company provided bus from Moranbah for nightshift
- Company provided bus from Mackay to camp at start and end of shift
- Open and honest relationship with the management team through weekly toolbox meetings
- Employee financial, lifestyle and health benefits such as discounted health cover, discounted car rentals, salary sacrifice options such as personal leave, superannuation, novated leasing and an Employee assistance program.
- Career progression opportunities through a number of training and mentoring programs
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading edge business
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
- 3% Increase each year on the anniversary of the EA (March 2023 and 2024)
- Opportunity to cash in personal and annual leave
- Salary Packaging available for FIFO
At BUMA, our people are the source of our success. We are determined to invest in individual development and provide positive leadership. We work effectively with our partners and strive to exceed our employee, client and community expectations.
To be considered for this opportunity please click “Apply Now” to submit your application! Please note suitable applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a Criminal History Check. Email applications and agencies are not accepted.