We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Technician to join the Komatsu team in Gladstone.
The successful applicant will work under the direction of the Service Supervisor to maintain and repair the Komatsu range of equipment to ensure optimum quality, availability, and performance.
This role will carry out maintenance and repairs on any other equipment nominated by the Company and actively participate in communication and data collection between Komatsu and the nominated resident technician customer base to maintain and improve relationships.
Salary/Wage Band: $125,508.05
Roster: 7/7 Roster with 11 hour day for weekdays, Sundays is 10 hours
Role Located: Gladstone
Komatsu can provide you with:
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks of paid primary carer parental leave
- Technology: Discounts on Apple, Dell, Lenovo, and Microsoft products
- Financial: Komatsu Employee Referral Program offering a bonus of $5,000 if you successfully refer someone for a role, Income Protection options available
- Career: recognition and awards, Komatsu is a recognised training organisation (RTO) providing an opportunity to complete recognised Cert III courses
- Health: Discounted corporate rates with Bupa and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program with total wellbeing solution provider LifeWorks
- Cars, Home & Hardware: Discounts with Mercedes-Benz, Toyota, Kennards Hire, Bridgestone and Orix
- Travel: Discounts with Avis, Qantas, Crown, IHG and travel agents
Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Certified Tradesperson.
- Be able to work unsupervised.
- An ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of the repair and maintenance of earthmoving equipment and components.
- To perform trade related tasks on earthmoving equipment.
- Ensure that all repairs are completed to the highest quality, ensuring that rework is not due to negligence or lack of technical ability
- Ensure all repairs and tasks are performed in a timely manner
- Complete and submit Mobile Service Forms during servicing, repair or inspection of customer equipment
- Source and requisition parts through the appropriate parts manuals and ordering procedures
- Ensure unused parts are returned for credit in a prompt timely manner
- Have sound written and verbal communication skills and be able to liaise effectively with both Komatsu staff and Customers
- Ensure that timesheets, service reports and relevant documentation are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure that all parts removed from machines under warranty are tagged and secured in the designated area
Ready to get started? Apply now!
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.