Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB is currently seeking an entry level Service Engineer to kick start their career. The successful candidate will be provided extensive training to safely perform works such as installation, commissioning, maintenance, upgrades and retrofits. You be driven, customer focused and have a safety mindset. The role is based in Mackay, Central Queensland and reports the Service Manager.
- Conducting repairs, identifying technical problems, and analyzing them remotely or on-site.
- Coordinating, preparing, and ensuring that all materials, parts and equipment are available and of appropriate quality
- Preparing standard lists, as well as documents and reports to be signed by the customer.
- Reporting work done in a timely manner and following up when needed
- Identifying potential equipment failures and taking corrective actions, troubleshooting complex equipment failures, and making recommendations to avoid the problem in the future
- Making suggestions for product, quality, and customer service improvements, and discussing them with management
- Ensuring that Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) practices are of high standard and working to eliminate unsafe practices and incidents.
- Consistently applying functional processes while considering links to other teams
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Trade/Associate Degree qualification.
- Work experience in similar field will be highly regarded
- Understanding of Power Electronics, PLC’s, Control Systems or Rotating Machines and experience in reading and understanding schematics will be beneficial.
- You will have a desire to learn and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
More about us
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage.
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.