- IFYS is an industry leader in ensuring Work/Life balance
- Salary packaging options to increase take home pay
- Rewarding role within a client centred and strengths based not for profit
For 40 years, IFYS has strived to provide the best services to empower Australians with disabilities and their families. We believe disability services should be holistic, and tailored to suit each individual.
IFYS is a not-for-profit, inclusive workplace that values diversity and difference. We provide training and encourage all employees to engage in professional development that will help them achieve their career goals.
IFYS Supports by Design has an exciting opportunity for a Service Coordinator to join the Rockhampton team, in a permanent full-time position.
The Service Coordinator plays an integral role in supporting the frontline Disability Support Workers to deliver disability support services to individuals within accommodation arrangements and in the community.
Reporting to the Regional Coordinator, this position provides staff with regular supervision, mentoring and training, enhancing practice and outcomes for service users.
What's on offer?
- Permanent full-time role
- Salary starting $74,100 per annum + super
- Excellent not for profit salary packaging options
- Immediate start (pending licensing requirements)
- Maybo trained organisation
- Positive and supportive work environment
- Coordinate the day-to-day operation of disability support arrangements, ensuring legislative requirements, NDIS budgets and service user needs are met
- Provide strong management and leadership to Disability Support Workers, to ensure that service users achieve their goals outlined in Positive Behavior Support Plans (PBSP) and/or Personal Plans
- Provide support, mentoring and training to advance practice and improve service user outcomes
- Undertake financial and human resource functions, including recruitment, rostering, timesheet management, supervision and performance management
- Prioritise and delegate tasks to team members, including the daily activities which support positive service user outcomes and connection to an individual's community
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders which support service user outcomes
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of administrative duties, including maintaining recording and reporting systems, and the provision of information and reports as required
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of NDIS requirements, and ensure these are articulated and understood by all staff
To be successful in this role you will possess
- Demonstrated experience in disability support service programs (4+ year's desirable)
- Proven leadership skills and well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of NDIS requirements
- The ability to build and maintain strong connections with key stakeholders in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong computer based skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- The proven ability to manage multiple and competing priorities, and to uphold quality standards in a fast-paced workplace
Must hold or be willing to obtain if successful:
- Valid open driver's license with no restrictions, and own reliable transport
- QLD Working with Children Check (Paid Blue Card)
- QLD Yellow Card or NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Licensed Care Service Suitability Check (LCS2)
- National Criminal History Check (a new check will be conducted through IFYS systems)
In line with the current Public Health Direction all staff members employed within disability services are required receive the prescribed number of doses of a COVID-19 Vaccine. If successful for this role you will be required to provide evidence of this through your MyGov record or immunisation history statement.
If you would like further information on this role or would like to talk to a Recruitment Officer, please call (07) 5438 3000 and ask to speak to Tahlia in the Recruitment team
Applications Close: 05 Jul 2022