Be part of Carinity On Track who is passionate and professional about delivering care excellence.
Reporting directly to the Program Manager, this role is a 24 hour/ 7 day per week service providing residential support to ‘at risk’ young people in care, supporting and maintaining a therapeutic care environment, assisting them to grow and develop life skills as part of an accommodation service.
What do I need for the role of Senior Youth Worker?
- Available to work full time (76 hours) between 8am and 4:06pm and available weekends and on call
- Significant experience working with ‘at risk’ young people who have experienced complex trauma, abuse and neglect; and liaising with Child Safety in relation to their care
- Experience in mentoring and supervising youth workers in their therapeutic practice in delivery of care
- Demonstrated knowledge in Trauma informed and therapeutic practices for working with child and youth behaviour difficulties
- Diploma in Child Youth Family Intervention (Residential Care) or similar relevant to this role
- Qualified as Trainer the Trainer in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention or willingness to undertake
The bonuses of joining the Carinity team!
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for our staff and their immediate family.
- Access to extensive not-for-profit salary packaging options (pay less tax).
- Be part of a team who are passionate about delivering care excellence.
- Join a value driven organisation, with a culture of caring for others.
- Ongoing training and development.
Who is Carinity?
Carinity is a not-for-profit, values-driven organisation, which has been making a real difference in people’s lives since 1949 through comprehensive and integrated community services including residential aged care, retirement living, home care, schools for disengaged youth, disability support, counselling, and youth accommodation. We are passionate about working with young people and families, especially in the areas of child protection, domestic and family violence, and child and adolescent mental health.
Carinity Youth - On Track is located in coastal Yeppoon, which is approximately 35 minutes northeast of the city of Rockhampton, in Central Queensland. On Track provides accommodation and support to four young people (aged 12-17) in out of home residential care. The role is to lead and manage the team of qualified youth workers to maintain a therapeutic care environment for our young people teaching them the life skills they need to interact well with their peers and realise their full potential.
How do I apply?
Carinity is after motivated and enthusiastic candidates who are committed to working with Carinity to make a real difference! If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
To apply or view more information, including the position description, visit https://www.carinity.org.au/join-our-team/. When successful you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check or provide a certificate on commencement.
Carinity actively encourages and invites applications from people with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.