- Permanent Full-Time role (76 hrs per fortnight)
- Based in Gladstone
- Join a progressive & supportive organisation!
Carinity Education Gladstone has a vacancy for a Senior Youth Worker – Learning Support to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis. This specialised role leads the Learning Support team of Youth Workers in actively encouraging and supporting student engagement and classroom learning outcomes.
Reporting directly to the Principal, this role works closely with the Senior Youth Worker – Student Wellbeing, to ensure students’ individual needs and goals are being met.
Carinity Education Gladstone is a Special Assistance School providing expert, coordinated support and educational opportunity to secondary school aged young people disenfranchised from mainstream schooling.
What do you need for this role?
- Experience in providing support to marginalised young people, particularly those who have been victims of abuse, neglect, substance abuse and/or self-harm
- Effective time management skills, and the ability to work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Previous experience in leading and supervising a team of Youth Workers while working within a challenging environment is highly regarded
- Previous experience in using standard casework frameworks
- Ability to build positive, professional relationships with young people
- Current Blue Card
- Diploma of Youth Work or relevant discipline
- COVID-19 Vaccinations
The bonuses of joining the Carinity team!
- Extensive not-for-profit salary packaging options
- Join a value driven organisation, with a culture of caring for others!
- Look after your mental health and wellbeing with Carinity’s Employee Assistance Program
Who is Carinity?
Carinity is a not-for-profit, values-driven organisation, which has been making a real difference in people’s lives since 1949, through comprehensive and integrated community services.
How do I apply?
Carinity is after motivated and enthusiastic candidates who are committed to working with Carinity to make a real difference! If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
To apply or view more information, including the position description, visit https://www.carinity.org.au/join-our-team/. Applications should include a brief cover letter and Resume that addresses the Essential Competencies and Experiences.
Carinity actively encourages and invites applications from people with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.