At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About the role
We are currently searching for Orica’s next Senior Superintendent - Turnaround at our Yarwun manufacturing site located in Gladstone, Queensland.
Orica Yarwun manufactures nitric acid, ammonium nitrate and sodium cyanide products which are used in mining, infrastructure, agriculture, and water industries locally, nationally and internationally. Orica has
operated at Yarwun for over 30 years and is committed to the health and safety of employees and minimising the impact of our manufacturing activities on the community and the environment.
The Senior Superintendent - Turnaround will be leading the planning, execution, and closeout of major maintenance and turnaround activities at the Orica manufacturing plant. The role is critical in ensuring that the plant can operate safely, reliably and efficiently, while minimizing downtime and maximizing production.
What you will be doing
• Develop and implement the plant turnaround plan in conjunction with the Turnaround Manager, Plant Manager, Maintenance Manager, and other stakeholders;
• Lead the turnaround team and contractors, during all phases of the turnaround;
• Develop and manage the turnaround budget, ensuring that expenditures are tracked and controlled;
• Collaborate with the maintenance and operations teams to identify opportunities to improve plant reliability and reduce turnaround frequency;
• Drive continuous improvement in the turnaround process, including the use of new technologies and methodologies;
• Ensure compliance with Orica's health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
What you will bring
• Mechanical Trade Qualification/Bachelor’s Degree in engineering is an advantage;
• At least 5 years of experience in a similar role with strong turnaround management;
• Experience working in a manufacturing, chemical, or process industry is preferred;
• Ability to lead teams, manage budgets, and deliver projects on time and within budget;
• Strong understanding of safety, environmental, and regulatory compliance requirements.
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.