At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures.
Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About the role:
We are currently searching for Orica’s next Senior Superintendent for Maintenance Execution for our iconic Yarwun Site located in Gladstone, Queensland. Orica Yarwun manufactures Nitric Acid, Ammonium Nitrate and Sodium Cyanide products which are used in Queensland mining operations as well as in the national and international mining industries. Orica has operated at Yarwun for over 30 years and is committed to the health and safety of employees and minimising the impact of manufacturing activities on the community and the environment.
This exciting and very rare leadership opportunity is part of the Site Maintenance and Engineering Leadership team and responsible for the delivery of the maintenance strategy at a maintenance execution level with quality workmanship resulting in maximum uptime and reliability of the equipment.
This role will suit someone who has great problem-solving abilities, initiative and who is keen to grow and develop in the role. We are open to all candidates and will consider those who might be thinking about a career change but have all the right soft skills. The role will be offered on a 9-day fortnight roster.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure that safety, health, and environmental procedures are adhered to by all members of the Production Line Maintenance Team.
- Ensure the maintenance strategy is delivered at a maintenance execution level with quality workmanship resulting in maximum uptime and reliability of the equipment.
- Execute the daily maintenance plan within the production cell(s) and respond to breakdowns to ensure production continuity.
- Work completed meets quality requirements and is executed within the standards provided by the Maintenance Engineering team.
- Collaboration with the Production Superintendent and Shift Supervisors to appropriately prioritise all maintenance related notifications in order of safety, environmental, quality and then operational continuity.
- Seek technical support as required from Technical and Maintenance Engineering teams for complex maintenance activities.
- Ensure in collaboration with Maintenance Planning Superintendent adequate resource availability to execute the daily plan.
- Develop and execute the product line maintenance budget on behalf of the Product Line Manager with support from the Maintenance Planning Superintendent.
- Develop and implement maintenance execution continuous improvement pipeline.
- Conduct regular scheduled and unscheduled plant equipment and general inspections and formalise outcomes and actions.
- Maintain and operate the maintenance workshop to required standards including management of overtime and related approvals.
- Join the Maintenance Superintendents CoP (Community of Practise) with the purpose of collaborating on best practise and the improvement agenda relevant to the position and its requirements.
What you will bring:
- 5+ years continuous manufacturing experience, preferably in Chemical Industry or Major hazard facility.
- Any formal engineering qualifications either completed or on the path way to completion relating to Mechanical or electrical disciplines with a trade (mandatory). You may have also completed a Bachelor of Engineering and desire to progress via an alternative employment pathway to a senior role as a Maintenance and Engineering manager.
- Ability to understand and apply SHES, technical and manufacturing practises.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, including prioritisation, planning, task delegation, and coordination across multiple teams.
- Proven ability to think strategically and creatively, and to implement plans effectively; and to tackle complex issues.
- Leadership Stewardship acumen, strong collaboration skills, mentoring & coaching skills.
What we offer:
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.