Senior Structural Engineer - Mackay
Want to bring ideas to life?
As an engineer you're no doubt aware of Aurecon - we've been a leading design, engineering and advisory company for decades. But why should you choose to join us?
Every project Aurecon delivers leaves a legacy. Every project has sustainability embedded in decision making. And every project is at the leading-edge of technical eminence.
But it really comes down to one, crucial question: what kind of world do you want to create for the next generation? Truth is, the decisions being made right now will determine the future of everything - from the local community to the entire planet. One of those decisions is: who do you decide to work for?
How will your ideas contribute to shaping what's next?
As our new Senior Structural Engineer, you'll be a vital part of the QLD Industrial team in Mackay who are changing the way we design and deliver major works to be carbon neutral and sustainable.
Your role will include:
- Intermediate to Senior level structural engineering experience (preferably with bulk material handling facilities and/or marine structures)
- Demonstrated previous experience in the planning and implementation stages of projects
- Demonstrated previous experience delivering multi discipline projects concurrently
- Demonstrated client management and stakeholder engagement skills
- A knack for putting structural engineering outcomes into simple language that can be understood by clients, stakeholders and other engineering disciplines
- Ability to draw on strong structural engineering fundamentals to provide bespoke design solutions
- Strong written and communication skills
- Experience working to help clients maintain and operate large and aging assets
How will your future be shaped by us?
Joining Aurecon means you'll be at the award-winning edge of innovation and sustainability. AFR ranked us Top 5 among sustainability leaders and Top 3 of all innovative companies in professional services. One Consult awarded us an innovative design award. Plus, we were Consult Australia's large firm of the year.
You really can bring your whole self to work and be confident your voice will be heard. We don't just claim we're inclusive and innovative, as proven by the independent awards and accreditations we've gained. We've been recognised for our innovation culture, gender equality and our LGBTI+ inclusion. Plus, we have a robust Reconciliation Action Plan - our fourth edition since 2014.
On a personal level you'll have access to flexible work hours, remote work, working holidays, part-time and job share options. You'll also have - a learning programme 100% personalised to you and the option to build your technical mastery in the Aurecon Design Academy which earns you a Graduate Certificate in Design Management from the prestigious RMIT University. Plus, you'll be supported on every step of your career journey with mentoring, learning and our Careers Hub. Outside of work, you'll be further supported with competitive paid parental leave, cultural public holiday swaps, plus wellbeing support programmes.
What are we looking for from you?
You'll have a genuine passion for re-imagining problems and continuous learning to help shape the future.
We value that each of our team members brings something different to Aurecon. We look for people who have had a broad range of experiences throughout their career and can demonstrate how they have worked as part of a team to bring ideas to life.
As well as experience in a similar structural engineering role you will be required to:
- Hold a relevant structural or similar engineering degree
- Currently hold or be working towards your RPEQ
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be willing to work with clients to maintain and operate large and aging assets
Think you know Aurecon? You may be surprised.
Aurecon's strength has always been our people. It's our people who build our shared purpose and bring ideas to life. It's our people who imagine and co-create with our clients a better future for people and the planet.
Of course, you'll probably know lots of our award-winning projects. The new Allianz Stadium in Sydney? That was us. Tāmaki Regeneration in Auckland? That was us too. And the Tseung Kwan O Interchange in Hong Kong? You guessed it, us.
So, when you join us, you'll not only be joining an international design, engineering and advisory company but also a community working together to tackle some of the world's most complex challenges.
Ready to bring ideas to life?
Then please apply. Remember, it's you and how you bring ideas to life which are important. Your background, unique needs and individuality will be valued.
Visit our website to learn more at www.aurecongroup.com or you can apply right now!