Make your mark with Thiess
Everyday, all around the world, Thiess supports and celebrates our people. We recognise talent and reward transparency. We champion diversity and embrace change.
Join us. Hone your skills and develop new ones. Take on big challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration, and empowerment.
Thiess is the place to make things happen.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Senior Storeperson at our QCoal Northern Hub Coal Project, located 10km south of Collinsville in the Bowen Basin. Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will work collaboratively to deliver high-quality solutions and results. Some key responsibilities include:
- Manage, influence and empower the team to ensure the warehouse is appropriately stocked and resources and used efficiently.
- Lead, coach and develop team members by setting clear expectations
- Establish, maintain and promote high standards of customer service to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure efficient operation of the warehouse by coordinating deliveries with carriers and adhering to schedules and deadlines.
- Maintain the stores efficiently and ensure the Inventory is optimised, so that parts and equipment for mobile fleet and fixed plant are available in order to meet organisational and maintenance targets.
- Ensure efficient operation of the warehouse by coordinating deliveries with carriers and adhering to schedules and deadlines Management of stores inventory and coordination of periodic stock takes
- 5/2 roster, dayshift only
- Eligible for yearly remuneration review and bonus’
- Full camp accommodation or living out of camp allowance provided
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary continuance insurance
- Salary sacrifice options – Novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
- Proven experience within a Senior Storeperson / Warehouse supervisor role is essential
- High Risk Forklift Licence is required
- Exceptional organisational, communication and time management skills
- Proficiency in JD Edwards, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is vital
- Understanding of the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act and Regulations
Thiess works with clients in Australia, Asia and the Americas in the dynamic field of open-cut and underground mining.
The pioneering spirit of our founders – the legendary Thiess brothers – is our legacy, and inspires our vision to harness the power of people and technology to drive sustainable change.
At Thiess, you will have the opportunity to play a part in the global energy transition. We are growing our commodities portfolio to include metals and minerals critical to the energy transition, and developing services to enable sustainable mining.
We’re creating a culture of curiosity, knowledge-sharing, and continuous learning – supporting our people to contribute to Thiess’ success and continued growth in sustainable mining.
We’ll support you to hone your skills and develop new ones, take on challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment. We offer our people ongoing technical training and development opportunities so they can reach their full potential. We also invest in the workforce of the future, with a range of programs for people starting their careers.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to enable our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Learn more http://thiess.com/makeyourmark
For more information, please contact Jess Witney – Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.
Thiess follows a Pre-Employment Process for all successful applicants, which includes two employment references, a National Police Check and a medical assessment. These checks are essential to your application, and your recruiter will support you through the process.