“What keeps me at Shine is the constant support to better yourself in your job. I like the fact it really is a culture of empowering their staff to want to be the best in the industry." Sarah Williams – Solicitor
We bring authentic people, a proven path and real opportunity. You bring you.
As a Senior Solicitor or Associate in our Gladstone based personal injury practice, you’ll be on the frontline as we doggedly seek justice. Reporting to the Legal Practice Manager, you’ll work on a range of common law litigated matters across CTP, work injury damages and public liability.
With compassion, connection and purpose, you’ll truly champion our clients by:
What you’ll bring
- Providing the legal advice and representation our clients need and deserve to obtain maximum compensation.
- Progressing and resolving personal injury files across motor vehicle accidents, workers compensation and public liability.
- Effectively assessing claims, including liability and quantum.
- Cultivating strong relationships with our clients through exceptional communication and clear management of expectations.
- Preparing legal documentation with a high degree of detail, and manage and run a file load with a keen level of commercial and fiscal awareness.
- Working as one team and actively supporting and mentoring junior team members.
To thrive in this role, you’ll have:
Shine Lawyers: A place for you. It means more here.
- A Bachelor of Laws with a current practising certificate.
- Post-admission experience in personal injury.
- A strong understanding of, and ability to interpret the relevant legislation and legal documentation.
- An innate ability to question, challenge the status quo and always stay ahead of the pack.
- A commitment to truly connect with those around you and work together to deliver exceptional results for our clients.
- The passion, motivation and enthusiasm to contribute to our culture and ensure it’s a place where everyone can thrive.
At Shine, purpose really matters.
- It’s our clients, who summon the courage to stand up to injustice.
- It’s the communities we are part of and support every day.
- It’s our team, who champion what’s right and make this place what it is.
We’re an ASX-listed organisation, and we've been standing up for the rights of everyday Australians for more than 40 years. We’ve achieved a lot but you’ll find no airs and graces here. We’re humble yet relentless. We don’t pretend to be anything other than ourselves. And together, we’ve created a place for you to thrive.
Here are some of the things we hope you’ll love about working with us:
Excited to join us and stand up to injustice? Apply now and make Shine Justice a place for you.
- Connect and be you: Get the benefits you need, and work with truly authentic people. And you can enjoy the security of a large, well-established firm that treats you as a person, not a number.
- Achieve and grow:Start your Shine journey at our renowned Centre of Learning, where you’ll find immediate connection and be set up for success. We provide innovative in-house learning programs and real opportunities to step up and grow - within your role and beyond.
- Challenge and be challenged: We’re not here for “easy”. We want you to take your place at Shine and make a real impact. Question and challenge - that’s how we grow.
As part of The Circle Back Initiative, we want you to feel supported through our recruitment process, which means that you will hear back from our friendly team – no matter the outcome.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.