Bidgerdii Community Health Service is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community controlled primary health care service, operating in the Rockhampton and Central Queensland region for more than twenty-five years. The organisation is a bulk billing community-controlled health service.
Bidgerdii Community Health Service is seeking a proactive, energetic and professional Senior Nurse to join our team.
As the Senior Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for ensuring a high level of quality patient care is delivered within the core values of Bidgerdii, you will display a high level of problem solving and techniques with the ability to communicate effectively, and work collaboratively and cooperatively in a team environment.
You will also bring;
- A current Queensland Nursing Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse and a current practicing certificate.
- Demonstrated experience of 5 years postgraduate, preferably in a primary health care setting.
- Immunisation Endorsement and experience (highly desired).
- Demonstrated clinic experience, in particular the ability to implement and support a medical/primary health care team and effectively plan and coordinate own and team’s workload to achieve results.
- Demonstrated compliance with legal and ethical obligations of the profession, including maintenance of CPD compliance.
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, with commitment to the philosophy and practice of Aboriginal Community Control.
- Understanding and experience of chronic disease management and of leading a team to deliver a cycle of care to perform Care Plans, GP Management plans and Indigenous Health Checks
- Demonstrated skill in working in a primary care setting, in particular the ability to provide leadership as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written skills with particular emphasis on interpersonal communication skills, confidentiality and record keeping.
- Computer Skills – Demonstrated ability to work effectively with Microsoft suite, electronic client record systems (e.g. Communicare) and quality management systems (e.g LogiQC)
- Immunisation requirements – It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, hepatitis B, hepatitis A, COVID19 and pertussis (whooping cough) during their employment
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Satisfactory Police Check
- Blue card- QLD Working with children clearance- In line with recent legislation changes (No Card, No Start Policy) all successful candidates required to hold this prior to commencement
Why Bidgerdii Community Health Services?
Located in the heart of Rockhampton on Bolsover St and Mt Morgan on Morgan St, both great central locations.
Benefits of working with us include.
- Full-time employment
- Monday to Friday
- Professional Development
- Salary Packaging
How to Apply
All applications are to be submitted online, please submit a recent resume and cover letter by clicking the APPLY button on this add.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
For enquiries, please contact: HR via email: HR@bidgerdii.org