About this Opportunity
- Continuing, Full Time
- Financial Accounting and Operations
- CQUniversity Rockhampton
- Total Remuneration $98,242 to $105,806 pa (including salary of $83,016 to $89,408 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Working at CQUniversity
Are you ready for a change and pursuing a rewarding challenge in your career? CQUniversity is seeking a service-focused procurement specialist with strong business acumen to coordinate their purchasing activities. You will provide advice on invitations to tender and evaluation criteria, and support clients throughout the tender process. You will be responsible for providing advice to ensure probity and compliance with the University policies, and ensure that best practice procurement processes are in place and align with the university strategy.
You have experience working within procurement frameworks, governance, systems and training and will enable the university to optimise value across the supply chain. You will provide important analytical support to the procurement team, helping to add commercial value and mitigate risks across the end-to-end procurement cycle.
To be successful in your new role, you will need to have a strong commercial acumen, a customer and solution focussed approach to procurement, and commitment to the delivery exceptional outcomes for the University.
- Demonstrated knowledge of finance and procurement policies, principles and practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of Queensland State Procurement Policy and associated legislation and standards.
- Proven high-level skills in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, database and complex financial management systems, preferably in the context of a purchasing function.
- Demonstrated ability to provide accurate advice to staff in relation to the purchase of goods and services, cost effectiveness, best purchasing practices and requirements of relevant Procurement Policy and Procedure.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
Apply today for a career that changes lives
Applications Close: 11:59pm, Sunday, 4 December 2022
Job Requisition ID: 2531
When submitting your application, please include: Your Current CV or Resume, and a 1-2 page Cover Letter highlighting your relevant skills, experience and suitability for the position. Please note, applicants for the position must have full time work rights.
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and CQUniversity’s domestic and international student graduates with post-study work rights are encouraged to apply.