Senior Plumbing Inspector
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a permanent full time Senior Plumbing Inspector to contribute to Council’s success.
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to undertake technical inspections, enforce plumbing and drainage work in accordance with relevant legislation, Council policies and procedures. The position requires specialist knowledge to monitor and assess applications and licenses in the areas of Onsite Sewerage Facilities, Backflow Prevention and Trade Waste disposal practices.
To be successful in this position you will need to promote positive community compliance with plumbing and drainage standards, through assessments, ongoing inspections, investigations, monitoring, and negotiation to achieve outcomes. You will be organised, pro-active and solutions-focused and recognise that the community is the core of our business.
1. Trade Qualified Plumber with discipline knowledge, skills and substantial experience managing Plumbing Works assessments including Onsite, Backflow and Trade Waste processes.
2. QBCC registration as a Licenced Plumber and Drainer in Queensland and ability to achieve registration in the Institute of Plumbing Inspectors Qld and substantial work experience relevant to the position.
3. Onsite Sewerage facility Endorsement.
4. Work Safely in the Construction Industry (White Card).
5. Experience interpreting plumbing and drainage plans, demonstrated knowledge of the Plumbing and Drainage Act and Regulations, standards and codes.
6. Skilled in managing time, setting priorities, planning and organisational skills.
7. Skilled in negotiation, conflict resolution and problem solving to effectively address and resolve issues.
8. Ability to analyse problems/situations and to develop and implement solutions.
9. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
10. Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) to engage with a diverse client base and other employees.
11. Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems, particularly CAD.
12. Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Why work for GRC?
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.