Mercy Community Aged Care Rockhampton supports and inspires people in need to live healthy lives within inclusive communities. Providing both high & low care, our residential facilities and community supports offer a range of services and believe a big part of what we do is to help our residents & clients flourish, knowing what is important to them and their individual needs. With a focus on person-centred care, you will support the team to provide a high level of quality care to the people we support.
About the role:
Supporting the Allied Health team to provide care & service to our consumers, you will:
- Lead & manage our Allied Health Team, while providing support to the team members to meet performance objectives including the supervision of students on placements
- Carry out comprehensive and accurate allied health assessments for both individuals & groups
- Formulate care plans, with the primary aim to provide optimal quality of life for our consumers
- Coordinate the monitor the planning, implementation and evaluation of service outcomes & Allied Health standards and Aged Care standards
- Liaise with other team members on to identify consumers care needs
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy with current AHPRA registration
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high standard of comprehensive allied health care
- Working knowledge of Dementia Care and Palliative Care Specialist Services
- Experience within Aged Care favourable
- Good understanding of the current Aged Care funding types, requirements and documentation process
- Queensland Provisional or above drivers licence
Why choose Mercy Community?
Mercy Community appreciates the important work that each person contributes to the success of our programs and services. Being part of the Mercy team, means you have access to some fantastic benefits, such as:
- Competitive salary - $108,883.00 - $120,681.00
- Provide the opportunity to increase your take home pay through the use of salary sacrificing and other packaging benefits - up to $18,550 per annum is available to take advantage of!
- Provide access to novated leases for a vehicle to help reduce your taxable income.
- Paid compliance checks
- Provide you and your immediate family free, professional and confidential counselling services. This includes specialised First Nations counsellors.
- Supportive team culture
- Discounted gym and other leisure/lifestyle membership
- Corporate health fund premium discounts
Depending on your role, you may also be eligible:
- For annual influenza and/or other vaccination reimbursements
- To receive pay bonus’ of $500 for successful employee referrals
- To cash out or purchase annual leave
We also ensure all our employees have access to a wide variety of excellent learning and development tools to continue your professional and personal development. This includes making sure you have access to plenty of other career pathways and opportunities in our other programs and services across Mercy.
How to apply:
We are a welcoming and inclusive organisation and encourage everyone from all cultural backgrounds to apply. If we sound like the right organisation for you and you would like to find out more, simply click on the following link - https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS11441, attach your resume, answer some quick questions, and your application will be on its way.
Thank you for your interest in working with us, and we hope to be in contact with you soon.
Mercy Community is a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, compassionately inspiring and supporting people to live hopeful, connected lives within inclusive communities. We support families and young people, people living with a disability, and older people, and live by our values of Compassion, Integrity, Dignity and Empowerment.
We, and the Sisters of Mercy Brisbane Congregation before us, have been providing services and support for over 150 years and our team operates across a network that encompasses urban, rural and remote communities. Please visit our website to find out more about our dedicated team and the work we do.
Mercy Community is committed to Safeguarding - taking actions to promote and ensure the welfare of children and adults at risk, protect them from abuse or neglect and supporting an awareness of whole community responsibility to help and protect all in need.
Please note: Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
Successful candidates are responsible for their own relocation expenses.
We are seeking to fill this role as soon as possible, therefore selection processes will be undertaken while the campaign is open with the view that it will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has accepted an offer of employment.