CORONADO GLOBAL RESOURCES is the 5th largest producer of high-quality metallurgical coal in the world. Our global operations are located in two of the largest and most productive metallurgical coal basins in the world, the Bowen Basin in Queensland, Australia and the Central Appalachian region of the US, servicing customers throughout the Asia-Pacific, Americas and Europe.
Curragh Mine, near Blackwater, is one of the largest open-cut coal mines in the Queensland Bowen Basin.
About the Role
We are currently looking for a Senior Mining Engineer to provide effective mine planning solutions by leading structured & engaging planning processes.
Reporting to the Superintendent Short Term Scheduling in the Technical Services Department, you will lead a small group of Mining Engineers in the delivery of short term mine planning.
In this role you will drive change and influence by:
- Ensuring the delivery of accurate strip designs that meet the needs of the operational departments while remaining aligned with the mid-term and LOM strategy;
- Guide the process of generating and presenting pre-dig and strip reconciliations to relevant stakeholders;
- Facilitate the transition of mid-term plans into the development and optimisation of short term mine plans in order to ensure resource optimisation and achievement of targets;
- Providing technical support and input into optimisation and continuous improvement opportunities and frameworks;
- Monitoring and maintaining environmental, safety and health requirements; and
- Being accountable for the ongoing mentoring, leadership and coordination of deliverables by the mine planning engineers.
What You'll Bring
- Open Cut Coal Mining experience in a Dragline, Truck/Shovel operation;
- Experience in the delivery and cost efficient mine planning and scheduling environment;
- Ability to negotiate and influence others in order to drive quality production outcomes;
- Working knowledge of mining software programs such as Vulcan, Deswik, 3D Dig (or similar);
- Effective communication skills with a commitment to driving a strong safety focus.
What We Offer
This is a unique opportunity for a rewarding leadership role with one of the world's largest metallurgical coal producers.
Coronado offers industry competitive rates and you will have the opportunity to join an enthusiastic and talented group of professionals.
Coronado Curragh values collaboration, taking accountability, respect for each other and striving for excellence in all that we do. We are an inclusive employer who values and respond to innovation and we encourage and recognise employee contributions and ideas. We reward our people's effort and performance.
This is a site based role working a Monday - Friday Roster
Have you got what it takes?