Senior Medical Receptionist- Identified
Bidgerdii Community Health Service is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community controlled primary health care service, operating in the Rockhampton and Central Queensland region for more than twenty-five years. The organisation is a bulk billing community-controlled health service.
Bidgerdii Community Health Service is seeking a proactive, energetic and professional Senior Medical Receptionist to join our team.
*This is an Indigenous – identified position. Applicants must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander decent (pursuant to Section 14 (d) of the Anti-discrimination act. Please indicate within your application if you are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander decent.*
About The Role:
The Senior Medical Receptionist is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Reception and Transport Team and associated functions ensuring they are carried out in accordance with agreed procedures, protocols and time-schedules.
They will provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and high level of customer service to Clients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone. The role will facilitate effective communication between Clients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies as well as undertaking a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Identify as being Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander and be an active member with your community.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role; OR Certificate IV in Business Administration (or similar qualification) with relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and knowledge of office management systems, and the capacity to provide advice on the development of administrative policies and procedures including in the context of continuous quality improvement frameworks.
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues, particularly in the health area, which are affecting Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people and a demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated high-level of interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to deal with complex issues and work under pressure with minimal supervision and meet set deadlines.
- Day to day supervision of the reception and transport team, including coordination of appointment & transport bookings, data reporting and vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to work effectively both within a multi-disciplinary team and with stakeholders across a complex primary health care environment.
- Experience working in a similar position involving delivery of culturally sensitive and client-focussed care
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (QLD) – essential
- Immunisation requirements – It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, hepatitis B, hepatitis A, COVID19 and pertussis (whooping cough) during their employment
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain
- In line with the legislation changes (no card, no start policy) all successful candidates must hold a current Blue Card (Working with Children and young people) prior to commencement.
- Satisfactory Police Check
Why Bidgerdii Community Health Services?
Located in the heart of Rockhampton on Bolsover St and Mt Morgan on Morgan St, both great central locations.
Benefits of working with us include.
- Full-time employment
- Monday to Friday
- Professional Development
- Salary Packaging
How to Apply
All applications are to be submitted online, please submit a recent resume and cover letter
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
For enquiries, please contact: HR via email: email@example.com