Your Key Accountabilities will include:
• Provide professional, confidential evidence based short-term mental health services to employees.
• Provide professional advice to regional managers about the assessment, treatment, and workplace rehabilitation of individuals and work groups.
• Provide information and referral options to employees regarding a range of mental health and supplementary services as required.
• Assist in the design, development, and delivery of service-wide proactive mental health programs.
• Provide education and training to employees and managers on preventing and managing mental health issues.
• Provide strategic advice to regional management on mental health, critical incident and stress management programs and their implementation.
• Lead the provision of Psychological First Aid (PFA) in accordance with service-wide policy.
• Manage the Region/Command/Division's Peer Support Officer program.
• Actively participate in the 24 hour on-call emergency response service roster.
• Attend and participate in meetings, respond to correspondence in a timely manner, participate in state-wide projects and working parties, work as a team player as part of a multidisciplinary team, provide statistical reports and written advice to regional managers and the Manager, Employee Wellbeing, as required.
• Maintain professional practises in accordance with relevant professional codes of ethics and Service Policy.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/456871/22
Closing Date: Friday, 2nd December 2022