Lead a team of the best
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
Opportunity for a Senior Health & Safety Advisor at Curragh North. This is a newly created role that will see you play an integral leadership role in the safety team. This role will see you:
- Play a key leadership role for the project.
- Have 2 direct reports - Safety Advisors
- Step up into the HS&T Manager role from time to time when required
- Assist with the coordination of all functional safety issues including risk assessments, systems development and the maintenance of relevant records and reports
- Ensure the incident reporting and investigation process is completed to a high standard at all times
- Play a pivotal role in the implementation of the injury management process
- Drive a culture of safety and liaise with other departments to achieve the site's safety objectives
- Lead and support cultural change including the implementation of behaviour-based safety programs
Roster & Location
- 9 day fortnight family friendly roster
- DIDO - company paid travel allowance provided
- FIFO - company paid flights available
- The Curragh North project is located 30kms from Blackwater in Central Qld
To be successful in this role you will require the following:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field is highly desirable
- Experience in injury rehabilitation coordination
- ICAM Investigation experience
- S1, S2, S3 and G2
- Strong computer skills using MS Office Suite
- Ability to communicate across all levels
- Adaptability and flexibility essential
- Hands-on approach, leading by example
What Thiess can do for you
- Thiess’ commitment to ongoing training & development
- Company provided flights from Brisbane available
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Company paid travel allowance for DIDO employees $200 weekly
- Local housing or full camp accommodation provided
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary continuance insurance
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program – earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com [link removed]
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.