Work for an Australian based electricity generating organisation with a number of assets in Queensland. Historically known for their coal-fired power stations this business is making strides, commitment and investment into the renewables sector to secure cleaner energy for our future. With the backing and support of the Queensland government they are hoping to add new assets providing electricity through solar, wind, hydrogen and other methods. One such project is in construction.
As they continue to grow and expand their footprint throughout Queensland, they are seeking an experienced Senior Health and Safety Specialist to run an onsite team and provide operational guidance around best practice whilst also supporting production goals and supporting the wider vision of alternative energy sources.
This is a residential role in the Capricorn region of Queensland. It would be ideal for someone that wants to relocate or someone that lives close by and is happy to stay in the region Monday – Friday.
As the Senior Health and Safety Specialist you will be the key person on site to support this power station gain world class safety performance. You will have two direct reports and a shared resource in a Health and Wellbeing advisor.
Play a pivotal hands-on role in driving a culture focused on first-class health and safety through coaching and development across all levels of this operational site. This will be achieved by partnering with the workforce to develop a culture that encourages accountability and collaboration. In addition, support the team within an integrated management system and implement proactive initiatives and programs to get improved safety outcomes.
Additionally, you will:
- Work safely and live company zero harm values
- Through safety leadership, create a sustainable and proactive safety culture on site
- Your felt leadership is visible and driven by genuine care and concern for people and contracting partners
- Provide expert advice and insight to ensure high standard of incident investigation and injury management process
- Be highly visible on site, prioritising daily interactions / observations to engage employees and contractors in safety awareness
- Be comfortable navigating in a blue-collar unionised workforce implementing engagement strategies
- Provide expert advice and assessment on high risk work activities and overhaul projects
- Apply a governance role to emergency response processes and business continuity management
We are looking for a compassionate H&S professional whom is an experienced leader that applies their effective coaching and mentoring techniques throughout the site to gain safety improvement and cross department unity.
Requirements of the role
It would be advantageous if you had:
- Experience in a similar role (3+ Years) with a safety focus would be an advantage.
- Previous exposure to working at a power station eor similar high risk environment such as mining, manufacturing, logistics
- A proven background in developing and implementing effective change management strategies and risk management.
- Fluency in delivering business plans, improvement measurement and gains
- Outstanding communication skills
- Previous knowledge in Emergency Response
- Exposure to leading and managing investigations
- Experience in delivering business plans, improvement measurement and gains
Click "Apply for this job" below to apply for this role.
For specific questions about this role, please contact Suzi Johnson at email@example.com