Got big plans for your career? Ours are even bigger.
- Fast track your career with us and immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture.
- No matter your lifestyle or residential preferences, we have options to suit.
- No matter what your lifestyle, you'll be rewarded with company sponsored flights or opt to receive a Technical Skills Allowance for a Residential/DIDO Lifestyle
CORONADO GLOBAL RESOURCES is one of the world's largest producers of high-quality metallurgical coal. Through our market-leading technology and processes, we operate some of the safest, cleanest and lowest-cost mines in the industry. Our operations are located in two of the largest and most productive metallurgical coal basins in the world, the Bowen Basin in Queensland, Australia and the Central Appalachian region of the US, servicing customers throughout the Asia-Pacific, Americas and Europe.
Curragh Mine, location in the township of Blackwater, is one of the largest open-cut coal mines in the Queensland Bowen Basin. Curragh produces more than 12 million tonnes of coal per year with a mining fleet which includes 4 large draglines. Coal is mined from two mining areas and washed through two large plants with a number of different metallurgical products produced.
About the Role
We are currently looking for a Senior Geologist to lead a team that provides operational support of in pit geological requirements by leading a structured & engaging geological process.
This key role will see you responsible for leading a team of Geology professionals to deliver timely service to enable operational departments to perform, and to capture and report adequate information to facilitate statutory compliance and informed decision making, assisting with development and implementation of processes and procedures relating to daily operations.
This role will be interesting and varied and will include:
- Work closely with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to develop production capacity and improve cost efficiency;
- Providing mentoring and coordinate training of geology staff;
- Coordinating all pit geological activities, contractor services and plans relating to the continual improvement of the geology department and in compliance with the Geotechnical Principal Hazard Management Plan;
- Engaging with Curragh and Contract Operations regularly to ensure compliance to dig design and minimise coal loss / dilution; and
- Providing peer review support to on-going projects around site.
Key to your success will be your:
- Excellent leadership and people skills;
- Technical skills with mining software packages;
- Understanding of geological modelling, database management and validation techniques;
- Understanding of geological data collection, including highwall mapping, core logging, and defect analysis
- Experience with in-pit coal recovery and coal quality
- Experience in contractor management;
What we offer
With a short 15-minute drive to work every day and 2.5 hours from the Capricorn Coast, there are not many mine sites that can boast a quicker daily commute or the ability to reside on the coast spending work time in company accommodation and days off on the beach.
If your preference is to live outside of Central Queensland, the company will fund flights between Brisbane and Emerald , along with car hire to get to and from Emerald airport the mine. Not only an enviable location, Curragh offers industry competitive remuneration packages, growth opportunities and a variety of subsidised accommodation options.
You'll have access to excellent training and development alongside a dedicated group of people who'll support you every step of the way.
Join a unique workplace that allows you to get involved, share your experiences, and leave a mark in a way that isn't possible elsewhere.
Coronado Curragh values collaboration, taking accountability, respect for each other and striving for excellence in all that we do. We are an inclusive employer who values and responds to innovation and we encourage and recognise employee contributions and ideas. We reward our people's effort and performance.
This is a Monday-Friday role.
Have you got what it takes?