Interested in making a difference in renewable energies whilst protecting the environment?
We are currently seeking a skilled Senior Environmental Advisor with on-site environmental management experience to join us on a number of significant renewable energy projects. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the way in renewable energies for the future, whilst ensuring our environment is cared for!
About the role
You will assist in obtaining environmental approvals under key State and Federal environmental legislation, providing advice on statutory obligations, and provide ongoing compliance with environmental approvals. Flexibility with role based in Brisbane, Gladstone or alternative location with regular travel to multiple project sites and in-field work.
What you will do:
- Assist with the preparation of environmental assessment reports, obtaining federal environmental approvals and planning approval for infrastructure development.
- Engage and coordinate consultants to undertake environmental surveys and assist with preparation of environmental approvals.
- Develop contract documentation with relevant environmental requirements.
- Monitor compliance of environmental approvals during construction activities and complete required reporting.
- Provide pragmatic environmental advice and solutions on all aspects of environmental management, including legislative compliance and the management of environmental risk.
- Support the ongoing development of the Powerlink HSE Management System.
You are a passionate and proactive person who thrives in a dynamic environment, managing multiple and changing priorities, whilst working collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders.
Additional to this, you will also have:
- A degree in Environmental Science, other related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- ICAM Investigation Qualifications.
- Full membership to the Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand (or ability to obtain).
- Experience in managing and delivering environmental monitoring and compliance activities for large scale construction projects and maintenance activities.
- Involvement in developing and reviewing environmental documentation and obtaining relevant permits, approvals and licences.
- Experience in implementing environmental management processes, systems and strategies.
- Ability to advise on strategies to appropriately manage environmental issues which arise during planning, design and construction phases of infrastructure projects and maintenance of linear infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and ability to review and interpret policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Ability to conduct compliance audits and identify non-conformances and provide effective recommendations and solutions.
- Strong ability to deal with complex environmental issues and regulatory requirements to apply a risk management methodology to solving these issues.
Besides offering you an attractive remuneration package and additional benefits, we pride ourselves on providing you with a stable, social and supportive work environment. We provide our employees with an engaging and rewarding career path that encourages innovation, professional development and career progression. We know that our people are our greatest asset, and their health and wellbeing is vital to our business success.
At Powerlink you can expect:
- to feel a part of our employee community
- a friendly and supportive work environment
- a diverse and challenging job with a sense of accomplishment
- training and development opportunities for career growth
To apply please click on the Apply button to be taken to our careers page and submit a covering letter and resume.
Please monitor your email for further communication regarding the progress of your application.
Applications close on 19th March 2023 at 11.59pm. We will be assessing applications as they are received.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity or to request a copy of the position description, please reach out to our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Powerlink is a leading Australian provider of electricity transmission services, delivering safe, cost effective and reliable solutions. Our purpose is to connect Queenslanders to a world-class energy future, providing electricity to five million Queenslanders and 238,000 businesses.
Our people strategy focuses on balanced leadership, values diverse backgrounds and fosters a culture of inclusion.
At Powerlink, we are an equal opportunity employer and proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
The purpose of the Senior Environment Advisor is to be the environmental subject matter (technical) expert in the HSE Environment Team and to promote a high performing HSE culture. The Senior Environmental Advisor will provide advice, guidance and direction on environmental management and systems while supporting team members and the whole of business.
At Powerlink, we offer:
- Family friendly and flexible working arrangements
- 14 weeks paid parental leave - at full or half pay
- Substitution of Public Holidays
- Bright, open office layout
- Free undercover parking and charging stations for electric vehicles
- Access to a corporate health plan with employee discounts
- Onsite gym facilities
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Various other forms of leave that support you to support your community.
Our attractive employment terms and conditions are enhanced by a broad range of benefits including, salary packaging novated lease vehicles, and access to an onsite credit union and cafeteria.