Goodstart is Australia's largest early learning provider. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia's children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Role: Senior Educator
Centre: Goodstart Gladstone Beak Street
Employment Type: Full Time 38 hours per week
Are you a Senior Educator who is passionate about helping children to have the best possible start in life? Do you want to work for an organisation that offers genuine career opportunities to help you succeed?
At Goodstart, we're all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can't do that without great people!
From our Centre Directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We're Goodstart - a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia's children to have the best possible start in life.
As a Senior Educator at Goodstart, your responsibilities will include leading and mentoring your room Team to develop and deliver high quality and inclusive play based educational programs aligning with the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards. Working alongside our friendly and supportive Centre Leadership Team you will observe, review and continuously improve the educational programs on offer to children, ensuring the best outcomes.
You'll help achieve this by
- Holding a Diploma in Early Childhood Education (ACECQA recognised qualifications)
- Having a Strong knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards
- Demonstrating exceptional knowledge of safety and wellbeing
- Being a passionate Educator who is driven by a desire to provide quality learning experiences
- Evidencing experience in a Senior Educator role/Leadership Skills
- Planning and implementing innovative and high-quality educational programs for each individual child
- Leading, mentoring and supporting a team of passionate Educators within your room
- Willingness to learn and be a part of the team
- Maintaining strong communication skills, being reliable and punctual
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let's start with the benefits!
- $2000 sign on bonus!
- Better pay - you'll get at least 4% above the award rate, increasing to 5% by 2023
- Paid professional development - we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
- Wellbeing focus - you'll get two wellbeing days included in your personal leave per year. And our dedicated wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
- Additional leave - you'll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
- 4 weeks paid parental leave - increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Retail and childcare discounts - you'll save money on insurance, travel and technology, and get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
You'll also love
- Centre support - dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
- Security and stability - with over 670 centres across Australia, you'll have the support of a large network and the stability of a respected organisation
If you have strong knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards, plus hold a Certificate III or Diploma in Early Childhood (ACECQA approved equivalent) or are willing to study, then we want to meet you!
Supporting our people and safeguarding our children
We're an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We know that Goodstarters from diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We're also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
Safety is our priority and we will take any action necessary to ensure that all children can feel safe and be safe, and are safeguarded from abuse, neglect and harm. As a Child Safe Organisation, all of our candidates must have or obtain a valid working with children check.