Goodstart is Australia's largest early learning provider. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia's children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Role: Senior Educator
Location: Tannum Sands QLD 4680
Centre: Goodstart Tannum Sands
Employment Type: Full Time 38 hours per week
- Help provide the best start to a child's life. Make a lasting impact while growing an incredible career
- Be paid at least 5% above award
- Get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees + paid parental leave
Looking for a meaningful career, a supportive culture and the chance to grow? A place where you can shape children's lives in the crucial years of their development and contribute to better outcomes for the future?
As a Senior Educator at Goodstart Tannum Sands, you will be a team player, collaborating with the Centre Leadership Team and Educational Leader within your centre to observe, inform and continuously improve our educational programs on offer to children. You put safety first with everything that you do and ensure all learning experiences are inclusive and respond to the needs of all children.
About Goodstart Tannum Sands:
You will enjoy being part of a small, four room, boutique centre that boasts a multi-age staff contingent with a fantastic culture that is supportive and welcoming of all. The centre is proud that they have an extremely good reputation in their local community.
What Goodstart can offer you:
- Better pay - you'll get at least 5% above the award rate
- 50% discount off your childcare gap fees and 4 weeks paid parental leave - increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Paid professional development - we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
- Wellbeing focus - you'll get two wellbeing days included in your personal leave per year
- Additional leave - you'll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
- Retail discounts - you'll save money on insurance, travel and technology
- Uniform allowance and employee referral program
- Security and stability - as Australia's largest provider of early learning and care and a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia's children and their families
- Diploma in Early Childhood (or ACECQA approved equivalent)
- Strong knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards
- Current Queensland Working with Children Check (Blue Card)
- 2023 Influenza Vaccination
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now' and submit your application.
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.
Have a question? Contact our Talent Acquisition Team on 1800 222 543 or via email email@example.com
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We're an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We know that Goodstarters from diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We're also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
Safety is our priority and we will take any action necessary to ensure that all children can feel safe and be safe, and are safeguarded from abuse, neglect and harm. As a Child Safe Organisation, all of our candidates must have or obtain a valid working with children check.