The Senior Cost Controller will provide financial support to current Finance Lead and Contract Manager for Gladstone based projects as your core responsibility. Duties that this position will require you to perform is reporting, communications, finance, payroll, commercial notifications, and contractual administration in a manner commensurate with safe operating practices, policies, procedures, and statutory requirements. Three main objectives in this role are invoicing, cost reporting and advising cost performance along with aiding current Finance Lead daily. Areas of key strengths that will be advantageous in this role is a strong understanding in the use of SAP and experience working in a similar role.
You will collaborate with the UGL and Client teams, draw on yours and their diverse skills and create an environment where great ideas are heard, and everyone looks out for one another. Ideally you will have:
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills in particular Excel
- Must be customer focused, team oriented, accountable and results driven
- Must be energetic with a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to adapt and learn new systems in a timely manner related to the role
- Project experience with preference to experience in a site administration role
- Strong SAP experience
- Recent experience in a similar role
Key responsibility areas
- Team Leadership
- Financial ownership – accounts receivable, cost centre management, month-end period reporting and deadlines, cost reports, work breakdown structures, progress tracking
- Have a clear understanding of all pay rates, relevant Awards, EBA’s and contracts relevant to the project
- Manage cost control, invoicing and debtor recovery activities for site ensuring compliance with company terms and other policies
- Administer communication with employees
- Maintain the data integrity of the contract financial data in SAP
- Understand and implement all company procedures
- Follow up on any missing hours/discrepancies
- Setup new projects/WBS legs in SAP
- Ensure all Travel arrangement are done
- Flexible to work across multiple projects
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- The chance to join a 6,000+ strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world's leading international contractors
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
What makes you right for UGL
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- A belief that success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment.