A captive is a wholly owned insurance company that is established to enable its owners effectively finance and manage their risk. The role of the Captive Practice is to then manage the captive once an entity has established it. The Senior Accountant will work assisting the team in producing accurate and pertinent financial and accounting information on a timely basis to enable the Captive Boards to make well informed decisions. This will include liaising with the parent company, insurance regulator, internal colleagues, and service providers in respect of the above.
Assist the Practice Leader with policy administration, invoicing, documentation, client underwriting decisions as well as the following responsibilities:
- Maintain cash books
- Reconcile bank accounts and investment transactions
- Re/insurance and claim accounting
- Budget, Forecasts and reforecast preparation
- Liaise with and manage relations with other service providers
- Production of management and statutory accounts under supervision
- Assist with all financial reporting to clients and/or prospects
- Filing Regulatory and Compliance returns
- Attend board meetings as required
- Assist in the production of board packs
- Take minutes at meetings if required
- Produce action points list
- Prepare the necessary documents to fulfil secretarial functions
- Monitor compliance with Corporate Governance
- Assist Practice Leader in obtaining regulatory and board approvals for business plan changes
- Degree qualified in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Proven relevant accounting experience
- CPA/CA/ACCA qualifications preferred
- Preparation of month-end, quarter-end, half-year and year-end reports
- Ability to analyse and communicate financial information
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as apart of a team
- Re(insurance), banking or financial services background is preferred
- Compliance knowledge and strong presentation skills
- Sound knowledge of accounting software and MS Office programmes
At WTW, we believe that a culture of inclusion and diversity is critical to our business. It's not a separate initiative – rather it’s fundamental to everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer who is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment and embrace diversity including gender, nationality, disability, age, marital/parental status, ethnicity, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds.
At WTW, we trust you to know your work and the people, tools and environment you need to be successful. The majority of our colleagues work in a ”hybrid” style, with a mix of remote, in-person and in-office interactions dependent on the needs of the team, role and clients. Our flexibility is rooted in trust and “hybrid” is not a one-size-fits-all solution.
We understand flexibility is key to supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce and so we encourage requests for all types of flexible working as well as location-based arrangements. Please speak to your recruiter to discuss more.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.