G4S works to safeguard the welfare and prosperity of millions of people worldwide by helping to create safer communities. With operations in over 90 countries, employing in excess of 750,000 staff, we are a global leader within the Integrated Security Services industry.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Excellent pay rates
- Work-life Balance of Monday to Friday from 7am to 4pm
- Customer facing roles
- Rewarding Roles that help keep your community safe
Working within this role, you will provide a proactive security and reception plus service for our Global Client at their Gladstone facility, ensuring the ongoing safety and wellbeing of: Shell employees, contractors and visitors. You will observe and report activities that disregard the correct site operations and respond appropriately, taking any necessary action to such contravening activities and incidents.
Based at Gladstone, you will be responsible for guiding staff on the premises through G4S policy and procedure, monitoring parking bays, CCTV and building access, reception post duties, and reporting all on site activity, incidents and feedback.
At G4S, we look to recruit the very best security professionals to join our team and with that, we offer exceptional career opportunities and a dynamic working environment.
In order to carry out this role, you will possess the following skills, qualifications and experience;
- Minimum Certificate II in Security Operations with Monitoring endorsement
- Current Queensland Security Officer Licence
- Current First Aid and CPR Qualification (CPR - refresher each 12 months)
- Previous security and/or customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to assess problems and make sound judgments as to the action that needs to be taken
- High level of interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrate independent thinking and problem-solving skills
Our Purpose at G4S is 'Securing the present to help build safe, prosperous communities'. The communities we serve are looking for the safety and confidence that vaccination brings. So that we can demonstrate to these communities, and our customers, that our people take this responsibility seriously, it is a requirement for all new employees to be vaccinated, unless you have an authorised medical exemption.
All applicants must be willing to undertake the G4S Recruitment & Compliance process which includes providing 2 years' worth of employment/background verifications, a low risk medical test (which includes drug and alcohol testing and a fitness component based around agility) and passing a National Police Check.
Our culture is one of inclusiveness and diversity - we recognise the traditional owners of the land on which we deliver our services and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We are passionate about all our staff, with the skills they bring, realising their full potential through learning and development and embracing safety and security for our staff and those in our care as a priority. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to submit an application to work for G4S.