The Safety Systems Specialist position provides high quality support and advice to implement key components of the organisation’s safety strategy. The role assists with specialised Work Health & Safety Management System development, implementation and support, and health and safety project delivery. The role requires a high level of consultation and engagement with operational teams as they outwork the initiatives contained within the Safety Action Plan (SAP). Reporting to the Health & Safety Manager, this position will commence as an 18-month, fixed-term contract based in Gladstone, Queensland.
Skills and Experience
- Conduct site visits, risk assessments and audits to identify potential hazards and areas for improvement within the organisation including support in developing site specific risk registers;
- Monitor compliance with legislation relating to duty of care, workplace activities and the use of plant, equipment and substances;
- Provide specialist advice and support in incident investigations, trend management, risk assessments (JSEA / SWMS), workplace site inspections and hazard management;
- Evaluate and recommend health and safety technologies and equipment that enhance the effectiveness of the health and safety management system;
- Track corrective action to closure and manage site actions to ensure closure in a timely manner, review evidence to ensure intent of the action in met & upload the SAI Global record;
- Act as the incident management focal point to ensure consistent reporting, input incident data entry into the system and quality control any remote third-party data, set up and run required reports from the reporting tool.
- Qualifications in Workplace Health & Safety combined with three years of relevant working experience in WHS Advisor or WHS systems related role;
- Extensive knowledge of AS45001, workplace health & safety legislation and codes of practice;
- Demonstrated experience with developing, implementing, and monitoring WHS policies, procedures, and safe systems of work;
- Demonstrated experience with conducting WHS investigations and incident management;
- Proven ability to provide sound advice and work in consultation with stakeholders and WHS matters;
- High attention to detail and accuracy when creating WHS management system procedures and templates.
Our client is a Statutory Authority who manages a variety of assets ranging from major water storage through to pump stations, pipelines, storage tanks and water treatment plants. The company takes measure to protect the quantity and quality of present and future water supplies and provides, operates and maintains recreational facilities and fish fingerling production facilities and stocking programs. They are committed to their local and hands-on relationship with their customers and community to drive continued innovation. The organisation’s mission is to deliver safe and reliable water services to enhance the livability of the region.
How to Apply
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. For a confidential conversation about this role please contact Haylea Smith – Manager, Human Resources on 0491 286 873
, or alternatively, reach out on email@example.com