Golding is currently seeking an experienced Safety, Health and Environmental Advisor to be based at Curragh mine project located near Blackwater.
Reporting to the Specialist SHE Advisor, the successful candidates will have the capability to handle multiple complex situations simultaneously and a demonstrated record in positively influencing key stakeholders to achieve objectives. Additionally, they must have the ability and willingness to complete other SHE tasks, such as incident investigations, risk assessments, observations and assisting line managers.
These roles will operate on a 8 on 6 off roster. Camp accommodation will be provided.
Key role tasks:
- Conduct audits, inspections and observations to demonstrate visible safety leadership and sound audit practice;
- Prepare and update (at least monthly) the project SHE Risk Register to produce a dynamic risk management tool for the project;
- Notify, classify and record in the incident database all incidents that occur on the project such that a complete and accurate incident record exists;
- Periodically review the Risk Register to assess its effectiveness and provide advice to the Project Manager such that they are able to make necessary changes according to planned work;
- Apply, monitor and maintain the project SHET Activity Planner such that it conforms to Golding requirements;
- Monitor and report on the implementation of project SHE and Training management plans and the SHET Activity Planner (including identified corrective actions) to the Project Manager as required; and
- Maintain all project SHET registers such that they are accurate and up to date;
- Provide technical input into investigation reports and lead significant investigations; and
- Prepare reports in relation to SHET matters.
Key capability requirements:
- Degree or advanced diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is highly preferred;
- Experience within the mining industry with proven exposure to safety, health, environment and training systems;
- Ability to understand and apply relevant legislation;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and develop risk assessments;
- Experience in SHE auditing, incident reporting and incident investigation.
Please apply below
Golding is an equal opportunity employer