- Grow your career with a multinational company
- Join Australia's largest manufacturer and exporter of raw sugar
- Going green - Team up with a leader in renewable energy, biofuel and sustainable agricultural products
- Permanent full-time role based in Sarina
About the Business
Wilmar Sugar Australia is the nation's leading sugar and renewable energy company. We are Australia's largest raw sugar manufacturer and exporter. We also generate green energy and produce much of Queensland's BioEthanol. Our joint ventures, Sugar Australia and NZ Sugar, market a wide range of products under the familiar brands CSR and Chelsea.
Complementing the eight Sugar Mills in the Wilmar network is Wilmar BioEthanol. Wilmar BioEthanol is a leading Australian producer and importer of ethanol products, and from our Sarina Distillery we produce the largest amount of ethanol from sugarcane in the country. A majority of what is made is sold to the renewable energy market, and the remainder is transported to Wilmar's Yarraville process and packing plant. Locally Wilmar BioEthanol also have a Fertiliser and Stockfeed plant in Oonooie and a Distribution facility in Mackay Harbour.
Sustainability and safety are critical parts of our Wilmar BioEthanol business.
A business-critical position has become available at our BioEthanol Distillery for someone who thrives in dealing with all thing's safety. Reporting to the Senior Safety Advisor, you will provide support to the regional safety function and be responsible for actively promoting on-site safety through auditing, discussion and general involvement with all workers within all areas of our site operations.
We are seeking a candidate with an ability to lead a continuous improvement approach to safe systems of work that improve efficiency and productivity across our business. You will be required to work in a collaborative team environment, whilst also having the skillset to be able to achieve quality work and excellence autonomously - we want someone that can 'own' their job and deliver to our business requirements.
This role will require that not only has a strong safety mindset, but also someone that has a background in safety systems, as we continue to grow and develop our processes and systems in line with ever evolving needs of our people, and our operations.
If you are safety minded and systems focused, with an ability to deliver excellence this may be the role for you.
- Ensure the team have a strong safety focus and all activities are executed with safety front of mind
- Conducting safety, environment and quality audits and inspections
- Assist the Senior Safety Advisor with all-things safety across both our BioEthanol Distillery, and the neighbouring Plane Creek Mill
- Coordinate our EHS committee and navigate within our EHS Framework
- Provide support to our Environmental Quality Manager with Environmental Compliance
- Contribute to Injury Management practices and systems for the BioEthanol Distillery and Plane Creek Mill
The Successful Applicant
- Of course you must be qualified - Industry qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety (Certificate IV or higher) or equivalent practical experience.
- Been there before - Minimum 2 years in Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) related role within a manufacturing and /or construction environment would be advantageous.
- Walk the talk - Demonstrated working knowledge and application of Workplace Health & Safety Acts, Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Get the job done - Possess an advanced commitment to safety demonstrated through previous work history
- Stand out from the crowd - Industry qualifications and experience in workplace Training & Assessing
- Something extra - A mind for systems, processes and continuous safety improvement
What Wilmar offer you
- Unlimited career potential with a multinational company
- Competitive remuneration and benefits packages
- Additional leave and superannuation contributions
- Attractive packaging options & discounts from corporate partners
- A supportive environment with professional development opportunities
Additional benefits for working with Wilmar Sugar include:
- Employees who live in our mill\farm\distillery regions in Queensland may be eligible to claim Remote Area tax benefits via Maxxia. Employees may be able to achieve tax benefits on rent, and on housing purchase and interest payments.
- Employee Wellbeing Programs such as free flu vaccinations and access to our EAP provider
- Discounts from corporate partners such as Blackwoods, Specsavers, Medibank Private, Kathmandu and many more
Interested in Applying
Confidential applications should be submitted online by Friday, 17th March 2023 - hit the "Apply now!" button below. If you have any problems applying online, the position is also advertised on our website https://careers.wilmarsugar-anz.com/home [link removed]