Permanent full-time role based at Plane Creek Mill which is in the rural town of Sarina.
With a history of over 160 years in the Australian and New Zealand sugar industries, Wilmar Sugar Australia operations span the value chain from sugar cane growing, sugar manufacturing, refining, exporting, and marketing, to the production of renewable electricity, ethanol, and sustainable agricultural products.
To be more specific, Wilmar manufactures over half of Australia's raw sugar, and each year exports enough electricity to power more than 68,000 Australian homes for 12 months. As well as supplying ethanol (ethyl alcohol) to the growing fuel market in Australia, Wilmar also supplies a significant market share to various industries including the pharmaceutical, printing, cleaning, winery, aerosol, animal health and food and beverage industries.
An essential and greatly coveted role within the business is now open for an individual who excels in managing safety-related matters. In this position, you will proactively steer and enhance the health and safety culture on-site, offering assistance to the Site Leadership Team regarding EHS matters. Additionally, you will hold accountability for managing injuries on-site.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, your role will encompass the active promotion of on-site safety through audits, discussions, and comprehensive engagement across all facets of our site operations. Furthermore, this role involves a reporting relationship with the Group Manager Safety, ensuring functional alignment.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Coordinating SHE Committee team meetings.
- Coordinating, communicating, reviewing, and monitoring SHE Safety Plan
- Conducting weekly and monthly audits and supply outputs to management.
- Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator function for the Plane Creek site to manage injured persons.
- Coordination of Work Cover matters on the Plane Creek site
- Overseeing completion of Incident Investigations
- Completing incident reports and Corrective Action register
The successful applicant
We are looking an individual who possesses several critical attributes. They will demonstrate a strong commitment to safety, as evidenced by their prior professional experiences. Their adept communication skills, coupled with exceptional interpersonal abilities, will set them apart. They will excel at cultivating relationships with external stakeholders, including Divisional Workplace Health and Safety Inspectors and Emergency Response Personnel (QAS/QFES). Additionally, their proficiency in generating well-structured documents using plain language will be evident, as will their capacity to seamlessly integrate within a team while also thriving with minimal supervision.
Something about you
To excel in this role we require industry qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety (Certificate IV or higher) or equivalent practical experience, along with credentials in Training & Assessing. It would be advantageous for the candidate to have previous experience in an Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) related role within a manufacturing and/or construction environment. We value a demonstrated working knowledge and application of Workplace Health & Safety Acts, Regulations, and Codes of Practice. Strong oral and written communication skills, paired with adept computer literacy, are highly desirable attributes.
What Wilmar will offer you
- Competitive remuneration and benefits packages.
- Additional leave and superannuation contributions.
- Attractive packaging options & discounts from corporate partners.
- A supportive environment with development opportunities.
- The opportunity to ensure our ongoing focus on environmentally friendly operations and a sustainable business model.
How to apply
Apply online at Wilmar Careers by 5pm Wednesday 24 September 2023, by hitting the "Apply" button. If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact please contact Alana Murphy, on 4940 9945.