About the Organisation
St John Ambulance Queensland is a charitable humanitarian organisation enhancing the lives of Queenslanders, by building safe and resilient communities. Every day, we are continuing our mission to the community through services and charitable programs, comprehensive education and training, quality first aid supplies, prehospital first aid and remote ophthalmic services.
Our mission is to be: With you for life – We sustainably serve our community by building capacity, resilience, and wellbeing.
About the Role
This is a great time to be joining St John Qld as we continue to build a ‘best in class' Sales & Service function. We are currently looking for a full-time Service Consultant based in Rockhampton to join the 'TPS - Training, Products and Service' team. In this field-based role, you will be the primary Service & Sales representative for your territory, with a focus on a professional first aid kit restocking service, sales growth, new business leads and brand enhancement.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will:
- Physically perform kit servicing & restocking in accordance with contracts and service agreements.
- Manage inventory.
- Drive field sales of first aid products, kits, defibrillators and related items to mainly industry clients and workplaces.
- Promote St John first aid training through building partnerships with government departments and agencies, and industry and private sector organisations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with all key customers.
- Provide a prompt, courteous, accurate and quality service to customers which includes travelling in you region.
- Assess and provide advice to customers on their needs and compliance to WHS Codes of Practice.
- Develop sales opportunities with focus on repeat business through contracts and service agreements.
- Promote St John to the broader community, including identifying opportunities for other St John products, equipment and services.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a customer portfolio and manage customer relationships.
- Experience in business to business (B2B) field sales.
- Practical work experience in a WHS or health services environment would be an advantage.
- Experience in inventory management.
- Financial numeracy and ability to work to budgets.
- Proficiency with MS Office and CRM software.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong organisation, coordination, time management and record-keeping skills.
- Practical knowledge of Work Health & Safety legislation and relevant codes of practice (incl. First Aid).
- Hold a C Class Drivers licence, and be able to obtain a Blue Card and satisfactory National Police Check.
- Flexibility to regularly travel within the assigned territory is critical.
- You must be able to provide evidence of holding full COVID-19 vaccination.
Conditions of Employment
- Permanent full-time position - 38 ordinary hours per week
- Initially, your sales and service territory will be the region which is broadly inclusive of Rockhampton and surrounding districts, and other parts of this territory as required
- Work within normal business hours Monday to Friday but some out of hours may be required to meet client needs
- Remuneration package: all-inclusive annual salary, leave entitlements, and superannuation
- Tools of trade include access to a St John Qld vehicle, mobile phone and laptop.
- Charity and Not-for-Profit sector tax benefits via salary packaging.
- St John Ambulance Qld employs on merit but also values diversity in their workforce to reflect the diversity profile of their community and client base.
- Enquiries to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - attach a cover letter and resume.