AbilitiesNQ are looking for motivated and energetic individuals keen to make a difference in the lives of others. We have opportunities for Residential Youth Support Workers to join our expanding team in the Mackay Region.
CASUAL / PART-TIME
As a Residential Youth Worker, your role will involve:
- Supporting young people in their homes
- Following company policies and procedures
- Planning, assisting and engaging in suitable activities
- Supporting and managing young people's behaviours
- Working with young people to learn life skills in a planned and supported way
- Assist with daily domestic tasks and meal preparation
- Completing daily admin tasks such as, shift notes, incident reports etc.
- Must be flexible in your availability for weekdays, sleepovers, weekend and awake shifts
- Confidence and professional response to crises situations.
- A team player who works collaboratively within their team but is capable of operating autonomously on a daily basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the House Team Leader
The ideal person for this role would be enthusiastic, understanding, empathetic, an open mindset and importantly passionate about working with young people to create a positive and safe living environment. As you will be working with children that are vulnerable people in the community, communication, both written and oral are essential as is being able to complete shift notes.
- Certificate IV or Diploma in Child, Youth & Family Intervention or willing to enroll.
- WWC Paid Blue Card (or willing to obtain)
- NDIS Worker Screening Card (or willing to obtain)
- Current valid driver's licence (Green provisional plates or higher)
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Reliable vehicle with comprehensive car insurance
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
In return we will provide:
- A friendly and exciting work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Ongoing training and development
- Opportunities for career development
To apply for this position, please email your resume, cover letter and any references to email@example.com