About this Opportunity
- Fixed Term (12mo), Part Time (0.8 FTE)
- Research Division
- CQUniversity Gladstone
- Total Remuneration $76,600 to $93,154 pa (including salary of $64,728 to $78,716 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Working at CQUniversity
Gladstone Harbour, located in Central Queensland, is the largest multi-commodity port in Queensland, adjacent to the southern section of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
The Gladstone Healthy Harbour Partnership (GHHP) is a partnership of community, industry, science, statutory bodies and government. GHHP was formed to independently report on the health of Gladstone Harbour through annual whole-of-system Report Cards, and identify opportunities based on rigorous science and strong stakeholder engagement to improve the health to the Harbour. In 2022 an Agreement was formed with CQUniversity to host GHHP. This Research Officer role will contribute towards the research effort of CQUniversity and develop expertise through the pursuit of defined projects relevant to the GHHP project and field of research.
This position is based in the attractive waterfront CQU Gladstone Marina Campus, anchored by ready access to the spectacular Great Barrier Reef. Gladstone also boasts an enviable lifestyle. Major industrial infrastructure sits within a scenic landscape; it's no accident that boat ownership per person in Gladstone is amongst the highest in the world!
- Completed four years of tertiary study in the relevant discipline and have relevant work experience or have completed an honours degree or higher qualification or equivalent research experience.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in research areas of research strength and a willingness to engage in sourcing and obtaining external grants and contracts.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively and in multidisciplinary teams as well as providing guidance and oversight of others involved in project-based work.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex portfolios, including contracting and milestones.
- Demonstrated ability to manage finances associated with projects, including budgeting and reporting.
- Proven ability to undertake comprehensive investigative research work, demonstrating expertise and skill in research methods and ability, including analysis, interpretation of statistics and preparation of research reports and papers.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise, advise and consult with internal and external clients at all levels and maintaining positive client relationships.
- You will be expected to hold vaccinations in relation to the COVID-19 immunisation should your CQUniversity role require you to attend any setting / venue / event where there is a specific entry requirement for you to hold these vaccinations, as per relevant State Government directives.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
Apply today for a career that changes lives
Applications Close: 11:59pm, Sunday, 12 February 2023
Job Requisition ID: 2758
When submitting your application, please include:
Your Current CV or Resume, and a 1-2 page Cover Letter highlighting your relevant skills, experience and suitability for the position.
Please note, applicants for the position must have full time work rights.
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and CQUniversity’s domestic and international student graduates with post-study work rights are encouraged to apply.